1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New passport requirements for Brits

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Corinne, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just in case someone hasn't seen this, you now need a UK biometric passport to be admitted in to the U.S. These have been issued after October 2006 so there are still some old ones around. Even if you have an ESTA that is valid it won't help. Don't want anyone being turned away from their flight. You also see it says you need to have a passport valid for six months but evidently you can travel as long as your return flight is before the actual expiry date.

I don't suppose anyone will have a passport that was issued that long ago and is within the last six months of expiry but thought I'd share it just in case. Don't want my fellow VMBers to miss their holiday.

2. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im sure this isnt new as when i went in 2013 i remeber checking my passport to mkae sure it has the microchip in it and the symbol on the front of the passport

3. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is definitely new as I had an old one last year and it was fine. It will only affect someone if it was issued between April and October 2006. It's been on the news and in the papers today.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It came in on April 1st this year, I have read stories about people already being caught out with it. I flew to Vegas with Virgin last month and they sent me an e mail to advise me about the change prior to it coming in.

6. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I imagine BA and Virgin are informing people. It's probably the European and U.S. airlines that aren't passing the info on. It was the same with the ESTA. Lots of people didn't know about it and got caught out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.