1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Misplaced mailer from Fremont, problem for check in?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by ohmom, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohmom

ohmom Low-Roller

I am due to arrive at the Fremont on Saturday, have free stay for Sunday through Wednesday night from my mailer. Sadly I have lost my actual mailer and I'm wondering if this is going to be a problem at check-in? I checked my online account and it shows my offers.

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best to call them to see if it is a problem. Usually they use the mailer because it has a code on it for your free stay. If possible, print out your online account if it shows your offers so you won't be questioned about it when you check in.

You probably won't have a problem with it (probably 19 times out of 20) but you don't want to encounter a problem on your 20th try so best to check and be prepared with a printout of your offer. .

3. tonysb8

tonysb8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be fine. They go by the offer code when you made the reservation. That offer code from your mailer is the same one linked to that reservation.

4. ohmom

ohmom Low-Roller

Ok great thank you, I did try to print what I could off the website and wrote down my code.

5. tonysb8

tonysb8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent! Always good to be prepared. Have a great trip!

6. ohmom

ohmom Low-Roller

Thanks for the reassurance!

7. squidward

squidward Probationary Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In over 10 years I have never been asked for my copy of the mailer... (yes I know it says to present it in the "small print") at check-in or at the B-connected booth.

I still get great offers and I haven't been to Vegas in a loooooong time. I really need to take some time off from work? Geez... I'm back to Ruby status again?

8. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Squid, bet they still remember you.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

13 years ago before the internet was a big thing they relied on mailouts. The reservations systems weren't really tied together so you basically had to call to make your reservation. I had a problem at the Cal, they wouldn't honor my offer because I didn't have the offer code or the mailout. I ended up booking another hotel at the last minute, it was a pain but much cheaper than paying full price.

After that I made it a habit of copying and carrying all my documents just in case they question my offer. No problems at the Boyd properties after that but I did have some problems at some other hotels, I had to show proof that I already paid for the nights so lucky I had a copy of my receipts to prove that I paid for the stay. This happened in March, I pre paid for my 1 night stay at the El Cortez but when I checked in they said they didn't have a record of my paying so I had to pay for the night again. Lucky I had the receipt that showed my reservation and said that I prepaid for it.

10. ohmom

ohmom Low-Roller

Squid! Your reply is doubly relief thank you

Still looking.....less stressing

11. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i had trouble at the Silver 7s 1 time. No record of my reservation. But they were courteous and found me a room.

12. ohmom

ohmom Low-Roller

Update - checked in without any problem he never asked for the voucher or even glanced at my players club card! Whew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.