1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Last minute Vegas trip . . .

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by DonD, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Last minute Vegas trip . . .

Thursday:
    It was such a beautiful day here in So. Ca., that we decided to take a ride to Vegas for a couple of days. Within a half an hour we were on the road. We stayed at the Gold Strike neat the Calif. border the first night and found that the buffet was not nearly as good as it used to be. We talked to the cashier and she said: "New owners you know."
    Played some VP and BJ and ended the night close to a hundred ahead but the wife lost about that much so it was not a bad day.

Friday:
    Checked in at the Plaza and they gave us a one bedroom suite because they were out of the Mini-suites. Room was OK and the view was great at night from the 24th floor.
    Went to the El Cortez to get a haircut and Mikey called so we decided to do lunch at the new Plaza Diner. Before Mikey got to the Plaza, I got very lucky on my favorite VP machine and hit a royal on dimes for $400 and moved up to quarters and within a half an hour hit another royal for a grand. Damn, when your luck is good it is good. Wait, Saturday was better.
    My wife, Mikey and myself went to the diner to try it out and the consensus seemed to be that it was OK, but, nothing special.
    Mikey was playing craps and I decided to join him. The table was on a good run and we all made a few bucks then this girl got the dice and they turned to sh*t. After she got done, I took the dice and rolled three or four craps in a row and then got a point only to seven out. There went all the profits that we had built up. Sorry Mikey.
    Played VP at Tim's bar and lost over a hundred and then played BJ and dropped another one.

Good Saturday:
    Started the day by playing multi-play VP at five hands for a dime. Machine was hot and I worked my $40 buy in to over $300 and decided to play five hands for a quarter a hand. Well, the God of Luck was with me and after about fifteen minutes the machine dealt me four Aces but with no kicker. Held the four Aces and drew two kickers for a total hit of $1,600. Had to do the IRS thing and they DO require to see something with your SS # on it. Not a problem and I got the money.
    Now for the best part (I hope). For every $200 jackpot that you hit you get a drawing ticket for a 42" Plasma TV. I ended up with 8 tickets in the drum for the 8 PM drawing. BTW, I won a big screen TV here earlier this year, 52" projection one that I sold.
    OK, there was a bunch of us sitting at the Keno Bar, which is less than 50 feet away from the drawing area waiting for the drawing to be announced over the PA system as per every other time that I have been there. Well, about ten minutes after 8 I see this bunch of people walking past us and come to find out the drawing was over. I ran over to the guy who held the drawing and asked him if my name had been called, to which he replied that, yes, my name was the first one called and he waited an EXTRA eight minutes because the PA system was down. I almost sh*t my pants right there and told him that was a bunch of BS. He said there was nothing he could do and I told him that was BS too.

Sunday:
    Didn't sleep for sh*t because I kept waking up thinking about the TV and getting mad at myself, because, I was over two grand up and I didn't even need the TV but I still was pissed.
    Talked to the morning shift boss and he gave me a comp to the Celebrity Buffet to help calm me down and when I was in there I saw Phil Flaherty, chief operating officer and I asked the waitress if I could talk to him. She sent him over and as I tried to present my case, he said: "I heard about that incident last night and you will be taken care of," he also said it would take a day or two. Boy, that made my day. I will update as to what they did or didn't do.
    The rest of the day was lose, lose and lose some more, but, I sure felt better.

Monday:
    Got up early and drove home with a smile on my face.

2. tiny_gal

tiny_gal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awesome report Don!

Hope they get you another TV and instead of selling this one off, you can be a generous moderator and raffle it off to other T2V'ers .

They are probably trying to figure out right now how many comp'd nights it would take to make you happy.

3. Jacko

Jacko Tourist

re

Congrats on the 2 royals!

4. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice run, Don! Hope the Plaza takes care of you.

5. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don, I'm so very jealous! First you get to go on a whim, then you have killer luck on the machines. And, you'll probably get something pretty good out of the little TV fiasco. Great report!

6. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice going Don. Good work on the TV.Hopefully I will have some of that kind of luck next month at the Plaza.

Marty

7. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

Don,
    Great report. Nice run on the machines.
    I hope you get your plasma tv. They should sure do something for you.
    Keep us up to date.

8. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way to go Don. With your power at The Plaza, I'm sure they will take care of you.

9. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update......

The Plaza just called me and said that they decided to give me $1,500 because of the drawing. I think that was great for them to do that. Looks like I will have to go again this weekend to pick up the money. We are leaving on a 12 day Panama Canal cruise on the 17th and this will help our trip alot.

10. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great news Don! Congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.