1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrahs Self Check In?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by codingkw, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a couple questions:

1. Does Harrahs have self check in yet?

2. Do they automatically charge a deposit for incidentals when using the self check in?

I don't usually charge to the room, so I refuse the charging option and don't usually leave a deposit.

2. incognito

incognito Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, if u are meaning online check in. As far as the self check in computer booth I didn't see them... But I really wasn't looking for it. I was just there last weekend.

3. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I concur. Was through the lobby a couple of weeks ago and did not notice any check in kiosks. I'm fairly observant, so I'm pretty sure they don't have them yet. We were staying at the Linq and they were obvious over there, even though I wasn't looking for them. HTHs

It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
  4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, so question one answered. Does anybody know about my second question about the incidental deposit? I don't charge to the room, nor do I want 21 yr old daughter to be able to...She spends too much. Does the online checkin or the kiosks automatically charge a deposit? Is there an option to decline the room charging privelage?

6. fudd

fudd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So You still have to go to the desk after self checking in, to get your key? Won't there be a line for that anyway?

7. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During my mid-April stay, we checked into both Bally's and Paris through the E-mailed link.

Both times, the credit card was authorized for $50 per night (which did promptly come off once the room was actually charged)

As for the key pickup, both Bally's (Friday evening) and Paris (Sunday morning) had NO line to get the keys, while there as an extended line for check-in. We were using comps through the Total Rewards site, don't know if the on-line check-in option was only for guests booking that way or not, but picking up the keys took approximately a minute and a half.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While the question of whether or not you can completely decline room-charging privileges and avoid an incidental deposit seems to vary depending on who you speak to and when, there's a relatively easy solution to the second part of your problem -- just don't put her name on the room. It's not completely foolproof, because it depends in part on how careful the staff are with checking names, but someone whose name isn't on the room generally shouldn't be able to charge to that room.

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess this means no more $20 trip or free room upgrades?
    What about requesting a frig? We usually get one for free, by using the kiosk I suspect it would automatically charge you the usual $25/day.

Now on my soap box.
    This is yet another way to reduce costs by cutting people.
    Similar to the grocery stores using self checkouts.
    Do you think the cost savings will be given back to the consumer? Hell no.
    I boycott the grocery checkouts and will boycott these too with the hopes it will actually save some jobs.
    Off my soap box.

10. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I definitely agree that this is primarily about reducing staff, I'll say that unlike the grocery/drugstore situation, where it often winds up slowing things down because people don't have a clue how to use those stupid machines, there's very much consumer demand for something like this in Vegas (or generally in hotels -- hell, when Starwood introduced their mobile keyless platform, where you can use an app and your phone's Bluetooth/NFC to get check in and get into your room, people loved it). While there are people like me, who like chatting with the desk agents, maybe trying to get an upgrade, etc., there are also plenty of people who just want to get to their room and be done with it. For the latter group, being able to swipe their credit card and get their room key, without having to wait in line behind the people who are having a whole conversation with the check-in personnel, can be pretty valuable.

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You obviously can't use the sandwich to get an upgrade. Upgrade options will be shown on the screen if there are any available but at the regular upgrade price. One thing you can do is check in at the kiosk and then go back to the front desk when there is no line and try it "We really aren't all that satisfied with our room, do you have anything better available" as you slide the Tubman across the counter.

12. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was that $50 per night total or was it 50 per night in addition to the room total (taxes and resort fees)? The reason I ask is I am on a comped room so I am only paying taxes and resort fees.

13. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was authorized as $50/night total, which I thought odd because that barely covered resort fees and taxes.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  14. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't mean to be rude. If you have such concern, why do you decide to take her with you to Vegas at all?

15. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am getting married in vegas, so I wouldn't exclude my daughter. She is a pain in my you know what.. like all teenager/twenty somethings. She is my only child so she feels like I should spend all my money on her cuz thats what I did when she was younger. Waiting for her to grow out of that...lol

16. klacey

klacey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So upgrade (obviously paid) options will show up on the screen for a surcharge? That is pretty cool! (...I still think I'm going to check in with an agent and try for a free upgrade though at Caesars in June :p)

17. TheBlackjackKing

TheBlackjackKing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does your daughter need a date to the wedding? LOL

18. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know how specific the kiosks are in regards to the room you booked online? For instance, if i booked a Deluxe Strip view non smoking room at Flamingo, would i get a standard smoking room with mountain view etc. instead? At Flamingo and Harrah's (in my case), my rooms are comped, so how specific are they to the rooms you booked?
    I also prefer high floors which i can get without using the tip, but if i use the Kiosk, am i stuck with whatever they give me?

19. bigalbr

bigalbr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love this idea. These are exactly like the self service kiosks at the airport. If they're set up properly, with one line for the next available kiosk, they'll be an unmitigated boon to everybody who isn't trying to run the $20 trick.

20. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I respect boycotts because they help these places understand what the customers really want, but these automated machines have a net gain for employment - even if it is not readily apparent. Lower end jobs such as check-in staff will be eliminated, but the jobs will simply be replaced by better jobs at the companies that manufacture these technological machines. So, some people will lose their jobs, but others will get better jobs as a result. If your job can be done by a machine, then it should be. Let the robots do the work.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.