1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pit boss rating at craps table or the eye in the sky

Discussion in 'Comps' started by hazfun, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hazfun

hazfun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does the pit boss rate your play when he is helping two tables.Does the pit boss rate you or is it done from above?
    Seems at times the boss misses change of bets?

2. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always assumed they type details of your bet into the computer terminal that tracks the Players Cards and length of play.

So it's the Box Man rather than Pit Boss (if I understand the job titles correctly), so they can miss things if keeping an eye on two tables and probably have policies to work out average bets over time rather than noting the largest bet a player makes (that the player thinks he should be rated on).

Easter 2024
  3. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might be a good idea to ask nicely what you were rated for before leaving the tables.

There was one time where I was playing craps for a good 3 hours before the boxman was relieved by change of shift.

The new boxman looked over at me and said "Sir, I don't have you on my computer". I mentioned how long I was playing and the dealers confirmed my claim. He said "No worries, sir, I got you now".

I often wonder how many times I played and they forgot to key me in their computer.

Nowadays when I play craps I check the boxman's computer to see if my name and spot is on the screen. I can see it if I play near the hook of the table. If you are immediate to stick left or right you won't be able to see the screen.

4. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not craps but roulette, I always say to ride the pit boss and make sure he pays attention to you to get a good rating, you do it and it usually works out good.. april 3rd, i was sober waiting on going to a concert, did not ride the pit boss, $5000 later betting $500-$800 i lost it all and received a rating of $211 for 1 hour of play, I am currently still dealing with them after talking to the pit supervisor, she made a few calls and said does $650 avg sound better, said it sure does, they also got my time right for closer to 2 hours...i went to TR tonight and they said I need to have the pit correct it before they can do anything...i told them they already corrected it last week so now im waiting on an email to get my stuff correct...so eye in the sky will come in and get things right but its the guy walking around placing your bets in the computer and having it average you...make sure to ride them

5. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they look at your buy-in, see your initial bets and use that for the average. Some of the more diligent bosses will also ask the dealers what you have been betting. Another good reason to tip the dealers!

6. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

yes,hen they will make a round in the pit, check your bet and enter that into the computer and walk again...problem is if you get low on money and say you were betting $200 everyhand, you decide to bet your last $50 on the table before buying more chips, he sees only $50 and puts that in the computer, now your average comes way down...thats why I say keep calling them over, make sure they know who you are, keep calling them over when you win, you will see a huge increase in points

whats crazy is this guy I know made 7* and he plays $1 chips, roughly $20 a spin or so, usually buys in for $200, might rebuy if he loses. now that will take hours of play to make 7*...found out that when hes done playing, he just sits by the wheel and watches everyone else play, somehow they keep rating him without him playing just cause hes in the system and at the table

7. hazfun

hazfun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for your comments and help...

8. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After I color up, tip the dealers, and pay off my marker (if I'm lucky) I go off to the side and ask the box man for my rating and time. Usually it's acceptable if not favorable. When it's low I nicely push back and "recommend a rating" usually that works well or the pit boss will ask the dealer who just got tipped his opinion. The dealers opinion amazingly agrees with my assessment and the box man will go along with it.

9. hazfun

hazfun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks great information on this..I will start asking!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.