1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Packing for a trip, which category do you fall into?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Geogran, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Headed to Vegas tomorrow - packing almost finished - yeah, right...

so which one are you?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Or this?
    image.jpg

My luggage tags

image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a lighter packer than my husband (but he's coming around). He is a neater packer than I am.

3. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

I'm packing an entire suitecase for my trip in June and it's only 4 days / 3 nights. Blazers and shoes take up a lot of room :)

4. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tend to pack lighter (smaller) than my wife. She requires multiple pairs of shoes, whereas what I'm wearing to the airport is what I'm wearing for the duration of the trip.
    99.9% I check my bag - regardless of size - whereas the wife always has a carry-on. My carry-on is an envelope with boarding passes and necessary-for-this-trip papers.
    Once we (and you know who we are) decided that nail clippers, razors, and shampoo, constituted deadly weapons, I pretty much stopped packing a shaving bag.
    Now I have a toothbrush, toothpaste and stick of deodorant..anything else I might need, I can buy.

5. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the old axiom: "Take half the clothes you think you'll need, and twice the money!"

6. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a Light packer & getting lighter..... Luv space bags to hold my clothes & then refill with dirty clothes
    for ride home.

Today I'm headed to Walmart (Yes, Walmart) to get the suitcase I read about.....

It fits under the Spirit seats so No carryon fee. Looks like it holds great for under 7 day trip.

American tourister Atmosphera II

Buying two as Gifts. $39-

Mothers day for Mom, she flies Spirit alot, & Sons BD. He travels on biz alot.

Might get one for me too.

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pack light and neat. dont like stuff all rumpled up even if it is just tee shorts and shorts.

8. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have packing down to an art, and pack pretty light - probably too light as I don't always have an emergency outfit - like the time I sat on one of the chairs at MB and it was soaking wet, and I had to do the walk of shame with a wet ass back to my hotel. I choose not to dwell on what it was soaking wet from, and tell myself it was water. Needless to say a bath was in order, and those capris were isolated for the rest of the trip. Any other freakin time I would have had a jacket or sweater that I could have tied around my waist as a disguise, but not that day. I didn't have an extra pair of capris so I had to put back on the pair I wore the previous day. Oh well.

I will be traveling again in May with no emergency outfit. I have lost around 40 pounds but would like to drop one more size, so I don't have that many clothes that fit, so I will be avoiding Mandalay Bay.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HaHa - same precaution when wearing white pants and sitting on chocolate....and you don't notice...and no one tells you...

And congrats on losing those pounds - hoping I don't find them on this trip.

10. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a Travel List I created that I keep on my computer and print out a few days before my Travel Date.
    I created it with Check Boxes so I know what's left to do such as buy Travel Sizes etc. I have the Folding
    of the Clothes part down to a Science and can fit everything in a Small Carry-on. Not bad for a Guy!

11. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Still laughing over the chocolate. I knew there was a reason I don't wear white pants :)

12. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pack like I'm never coming home again. I'm pretty sure my gals laugh at me.

13. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a terrible packer, which is why I think I like to drive vs fly. ;) I'm good at first. I lay out exactly the number of clothes I'll need and other accessories and put them in the small suitcase. Then in the last 12 hours, things start jumping into my bag because maybe.... Then I need the bigger suitcase because I might want these other shoes and that jacket and those pants and and and.. In the last hour or two before departure a few other things decide that they need to come along too. Suddenly I have a big suitcase, 2-3 totes and a cooler for a 5 day trip.

I'm a knitter and I like to bring knitting with me wherever I go. I have some quick, small projects, like socks that like to come on vacation with me. But at the last minute I always am afraid I'll get bored and want something else, so I take 2, maybe 3 projects. On the trip, I manage to actually knit maybe a couple rows on the socks and wonder why I packed all the rest. :haha:

I'm better with books now that I have a kindle. Used to bring 3-4 books, now just one kindle with all the books on it.

14. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a light packer AND a late packer. I leave for the airport tomorrow at 6am and I haven't even thought about packing (that's what the night before is for).

15. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife has already laid the suitcase out in the extra bedroom for our trip in September. Just a little early I think.

Mark

16. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always have two suitcases, as do my sisters. Gotta have somewhere to put the shoes...

17. tldbucs

tldbucs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife would be the first suitcase pic and me definitely the second. It's a long running joke between the two of us as well when it comes to shoes as I bring more than she does.

18. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always been pretty good. When I bowled out of town and traveled to LV more, I had it down to a science. My shave kit was constantly stocked independent of my home stock. I learned to roll clothes as they take less room. I also came to just pack less. So many trips I'd get home and unpack a couple of shirts I never wore. Warmer months I just wear a pair of sandals for general wear. Not much need for a pair of athletic shoes too warm to wear in July! Normally I pack a few days in advance both for convenience and more than once I've found a shirt with a spot I didn't see before. Nothing worse than doing it all last minute.

Good Luck!
    Ric at Joes

19. CaliMike

CaliMike “My home away from home”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's me also. I take bigger luggage than my girl.

20. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's sad, I'm pretty sure I'd pack the kitchen sink if I could...you know, just in case I need it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.