1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Hmmm... looks like the process to redeem some rewards has changed.

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by -(J)-, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I'm late to the game on this one.
    I just purchased a reward for 2 Shark Reef passes. I have used myvegas for shark reef passes in the past. Twice actually. So this marks my third time purchasing this reward over the past 3 years.

In the past I would bring my code to the mlife desk on any day, at any time.. they either give you a voucher to bring to the shark reef or load it on your mlife card.
    Now, I was reading the reward details and it seems I have to now make a "reservation" for this reward. What? A reservation for the shark reef?? So you have to select the date you want to go (like a show or dinner reservation) and then the only time option (for every date) is 7:00pm.

I don't mind making the reservation in advance for a specific date but I'm a little bummed that the only time it allows you to select for your reservation is 7pm. Do you think this is just a default time and one could still arrive to the Shark Reef at any time? Or is this MGM's way of saying if you want to go free we're going to heard you in there at some off peak time..LOL!

I also noticed this same process is in effect for the Secret Garden at Mirage.

Any word on what the deal is with this new redeeming procedure?

Since a reservation is made, a will call ticket(s) is at the box office, there is no reason to go to the mlife desk before going to use the reward?

Myvegas, never ceases to amaze! :rolleyes2:

2. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then I will cancel my Secret Garden one because I was just going to go when I had time.

Sema Show
  3. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    was changed months ago. Been reported you can redeem when you get there and pass is good for all day. Pass is also good for all day if you do it online, no matter what time on ticket. I am not redeeming mine til I get there. Not sure what day will use

4. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I will take mine with me and decide when I get there if time permits.

Sema Show
  5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This doesn't make any sense at all because it's not a guided tour. I have never heard that the Shark Reef passes were for specific times, much less good for that day only. In fact for the Secret Garden, I am Platinum Mlife and last year I went to the Secret Garden and asked how many passes a year I was entitled to and they said ten. THEN the person at the booth offered to give me all ten right then and there - they were good until the end of the year! Things might have changed somewhat because of the MLife changes in December, but this restriction seems very odd when the tour is self guided and they never stop selling tickets because of "overcrowding" at any given time, as far as I know!

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think this is a restriction, bad programming maybe, but not a restriction. It sounds like they wanted to bring as much of the redemption process online and this setup of a 7PM only time is just a default time put into their system so they can accomplish online redemption.

I haven't tried it, but most likely when you do the online redemption, it gets loaded on your card and you can use it anytime (again, most likely.) Myself, I'd still go to the mLife desk and have them add it to my card instead of doing it online. At least for these type of rewards.

7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. It is just the way system is set up. Can go anytime and don't need to book ahead. Been confirmed several times in myvegas group. Confusing they way they have it set up.

8. BadKarma

BadKarma Vegas Degenerate - Still Royal Flushless

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Purchased the 2 Secret Garden passes, here is a snippet from the email I received:
    Ticket will list a 11:00 am showtime, but player is welcome to visit anytime between opening and closing. Must be 21 years of age or older and a member of M Life to redeem.

HTH

9. chantellevegas

chantellevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand now that platinum no longer gets ten passes, and can only choose one attraction to visit during their stay for free. Originally platinum members were to get a letter at check in giving them a choice of which attraction they can visit, but from what i've read lately, people arent even getting the letter. When we visited in march, no letter and we are platinum. Maybe things have changed again.

10. kansaisupra

kansaisupra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i saw the shark reef two months ago and I just went to the mlife desk, loaded the reward on my card,then went to the shark reef booth and got my ticket. I went in the same day

11. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did it last week. You make a reservation for whatever day you want to go. Just print out the confirmation and take it to the will call/VIP window at the shark reef and they will give you your tickets. You can go anytime. The 7 pm thing is just a default time. It is good all day. Very easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.