1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

LolaDoggie April 11 to 16 The D-Mirage-SWA trip report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LolaDoggie, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Point form trip report;

-SWA direct out of and into DTW with weather delays on both ends. Otherwise good flights. On the way to Vegas it wasn't full so we had an empty middle seat.
    -The D is good. Way too loud on the main floor. But, the Vintage floor is nice. Good food at the coffee shop. No issues with the room. Very clean. Quiet enough with ear plugs. Not a fan of those square sinks though.
    -Mirage on a MyVegas one night comp. Enjoyed the pool. No complaints.
    -Uber and Lyft were awesome. Never used a cab. No rental car. Uber and Lyft all the way from now on.
    -Didn't use hardly any of my coupons. I'm going to re-evaluate my coupon strategy for next time.
    -Time got away from me.
    -Sourpuss (sister in law) was very well behaved. Not sour at all this time.
    -My brother ate a hot dog at Mermaids and didn't die. I was like, dude, stick to stuff from the deep fryer. He tried to get my husband to have one with him. My husband was like I'm crazy but I'm not stupid. He did have some volcanic activity the next day. But, wouldn't admit it was the hot dog. I don't think he'll do that again.
    -Raiding the Rock Vault was awesome. They changed the story and some of the performers since last time. But, I was able to stick around for the meet and greet afterwards.
    -Golden Nugget doesn't have those shark fridge magnets anymore. Mine got broken.
    -My brother was happy with his room at the Rush tower at GN.
    -I ate prime rib most days. But, we're down to 2 meals a day now. Just can't put away the food like we used to.
    -Had the buffet at Bellagio but was too hung over to enjoy it.
    -Spent time at Ellis Island but didn't eat there.
    -Got a picture of me and my brother at Binion's. Probably first pic of the 2 of us in over 20 years.

All in all, a good trip.

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you had a good time! LOL at the Mermaid's hot dog story!

3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That hot dog kind of proves he's my brother, doesn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.