1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

OMG! Just booked the COSMO!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by ozmouse, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozmouse

ozmouse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gday folks!

Finally have to introduce myself ...

Been planning trip to north america and was aware of the gold mine of info on the boards from my last trip 17 years ago! Been lurking on the boards for a few weeks now, re-acquainting myself with the town and learning all about the new things in town.

Ex Canadian here. Been living in Australia for >25 years. Returning to Canada for a family visit via San Fransico and Las Vegas.

Been to vegas as a child... i am sure us children were left in the motel room on the strip with a large bag of potato chips and lots of coke and we end up playing in the parking lot. Remember circus circus and the peppermill....

Returned as a 19 year old... Stayed at the Riveria ....saw paul anka and remember getting a hand pay without ID.

Returned again in 1999, staying in the Flamingo, $20 got you a GREAT strip view suite. Ate at every buffet. Collected every coupon book. And the Bellagio fountains were the star attraction.

July 2016....

3 nights Cosmo terrace suite fountain view booked
    J-lo tickets booked
    Reba & brooks & Dunn booked.

Man... the money is flying out the door... and i haven't even arrived!

Please be kind Vegas town... i just wanna have fun!

ozmouse

2. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome ! Hope u have a wonderfull time!!

3. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome ozmouse!
    From the contents of your post it looks like you well are on your way to having a great trip. The fountain terrace view at the Cosmo will seal the deal as far as changes since your '99 trip! You will find yourself wanting to spend a little more terrace time than you may have planned.
    No doubt you will have fun! Best of luck!

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A fountainview terrace room at Cosmo is the way to do Vegas right. You have some great shows planned. Enjoy the planning and anticipation. Hope you'll do a trip report for us.

5. Loverboy

Loverboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome...sounds like you have a great plan

6. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your last trip to Vegas was in 1999, you're in for some shock. Its completely different. The biggest difference you'll notice is everything is more expensive, especially food. Gone are the $1.99 buffets, replaced with $50 buffets, and also expect a crazy amount of high end shopping, and lots of low class street performers begging you for tips to take a picture with them.

7. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome oz.....you may be on complete sensory overload taking in all that has changed in 17 yrs. lol Hope you have a terrific time and please tell us about it .....would love to read your thoughts and tales of adventures!

8. ozmouse

ozmouse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for welcome folks.

Yes it is going to be abit of a shock after all this time. But i also have in the back of my mind... it will be same same but different. With age I will be appreciating the dining options and top shelf liquor choices more now i think.

Accom search started with me saying we HAVE to stay at the bellagio. that was just of historical link to last visit when the bellagio was the star attraction. I soon found out there are shinier newer attractions. Picked the cosmo because of fountain view, physical location, pool, and luxe digs. Lets hope they delivery.

will have to investigate the trip report options with tapatalk. get very lazy on holidays so reporting back live will depend how much spare time i have (ie if im losing bankroll) but a write up sometime after is always in the cards.

9. tonysb8

tonysb8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome! Sounds like a great trip you have planned!

10. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you're on your way to a fun time, please do a TR for us.

Don't forget to print out a bunch of free admission coupons for the Linq Auto Collection,
    http://autocollections.com/index.cfm?action=free&tab=free

11. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo will NOT disappoint. Good luck!

12. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Sounds like you have a great start on a fantastic trip.

I need all the luck I can get!
  13. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome! I am jealous of the trip you have planned. JLo is not playing during my trip next month but I am staying at Cosmo for some of my stay :)

14. ozmouse

ozmouse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well i can honestly say, i was not that keen on seeing JLO, but she was the only headliner announced about a month ago when our dates were fixed. i wanted to see a major headliner in a big room. So we booked. Since then Reba announced additional dates, so have now booked that!

more excited about reba than J Lo! Talk about 2 different nights of entertainment! Viva Las Vegas!

15. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome. I'll be giving Cosmo my first stay as well in 5 weeks, also in a Terrace Fountain View suite. Reba puts on a great show. Have an awesome trip!

16. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually had no interest in seeing JLo until I saw her performance on the last episode of American Idol. Her costuming reminded me of the classic Vegas showgirl with the feathers. Looked like fun and was very high energy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.