1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Memorial Day Weekend Get together and High Limit Pull

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by Letsdoit, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone,

A couple of VMBers (chuckd518, RealSolGlow) their friends, my BIL and I will meet in the High Limit Area at The Mirage for a drink and a slot pull. We have not determined what or how much we will be investing (lol losing). We will begin with probably $100 each and who ever wants to continue can do so.

Been always wanting to do this and I have a good feeling!!! :eek:

So we are 6 so far. Anybody else want to join us?

Cheers

Letsdoit

2. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could be in for this, how does the tax situation get handled and do you have a day/evening in mind

3. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi 63hearts,

One of the VMBers said that we'd use his card and if we hit a handpay, he has sufficient losses to cover our jackpot win. So, we'd get the full amount divided by the number of people we are. I'm Canadian and have enough losses to cover a nice jackpot, but we get hit with the 30% witholding tax right away.

We haven't decided on a date or time. It doesn't even have to be at the Mirage as long as it is at an Mlife property as the VMBer whose card we will be using wants to at least accumulate some tier credits.

I propose Saturday at 4ish? Or whatever the majority decides. We have a show on Saturday night at 10:00 p.m. and supper plans at 7:00 p.m. all at Aria. Lets wait and see what other members say and we will deicde from there.

Thanks.

4. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's sounds reasonable, sat at 4 would work for me, don't laugh but I have plans lter for Joan Jett downtown, but that would be a good afternoon warmup, I'm like 70% in

5. chuckd518

chuckd518 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friday would be better for my group of 3. We are leaving on Saturday. Currently we have a late flight home but we may be changing it. If we are still around Saturday we could meet up at the 4pm time. I will update this thread when I know 100% on the time.

-Chuck

6. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As relayed in my response a few days ago I am not sure what Saturday brings for me just yet. There are a few things I want to scratch off my list this 3 day trip while I am there. I plan to hit the Luxor pool and relax for a few hours. I also want to hit The D and catch a Tigers game since they will be playing at 1:00pm local time. Saturday also has a UFC fight at Mandalay Bay on Saturday that tickets are pretty cheap at right now as well. I could move some things like a Tigers game at the D to Sunday and the pool until Monday but I'm not sure what the weekend holds just yet. A lot will depend on if my buddy is going as he says he is. He's yet to buy a plane ticket so we'll see.

I will work into the wee hours Saturday the 28th and then jet off at 6:00am EST only to land in Vegas at 7:00am PST. I'm not sure if the Luxor will have a room available for me to check in or not that early (MGM always has, so we'll see.)

As mentioned, I'm keeping an open mind to the slot pull but am not 100% in because I've yet to firm up any kind of plans.

7. joaks

joaks desert tortoise

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We get in Friday evening. Saturday at 4 could work. I promised her a trip to a cirque show this year, so I'm not sure what night it will be yet.

8. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be interested in this, I get to Vegas on Friday afternoon so Saturday would work for me.

9. zNaturaL

zNaturaL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ill be in Vegas Wednesday night until Sunday morning and I'm interested for one or two hundred.

10. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone,

So, we have set Saturday May 28th at The Mirage High Limit Room @ 4 p.m. for our Slot Pull. We will begin after having a drink together. Sorry for those of you who cannot make it as this time accomodates the majority of responses that I have received. The Stig (UK Citizen) will collect our Huge Handpay as UK residents don't pay taxes on winnings. Hooray & God Save the Queen lol...

I'm still waiting for some answers (RealSolGlolw) but this is who is hopefully in. Me & my BIL (2), Ths Stig (1), Chuckd518 & Friends (3) Joaks (1) 63hearts (1) = 8 People.

We are looking at investing 100$ and are still discussing what game we will play. Let me know if any of you others are interested. Gonna be fun!

Cheers.

11. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've added ZaturaL to the list. Welcome!

Me & my BIL (2), Ths Stig (1), Chuckd518 & Friends (3) Joaks (1) 63hearts (1) + ZNaturalL (1) = 9 People.

12. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've added Joaks Wife to the list. Welcome!

Me & my BIL (2), Ths Stig (1), Chuckd518 & Friends (3) Joaks (2) 63hearts (1) + ZNaturalL (1) = 10 People = 1000$ = 10,000$ Handpay!!!!

13. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are arriving around 3pm Saturday, staying 2 nights at Golden Nugget and 2 nights at Venetian. Too late for slot pull but maybe we can meet up later.

14. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greetings and FYI to folks who will be at Vegas during Memorial Day Weekend! There will be a free concert "Joan Jett & The Blackhearts" Saturday night (May 28th), 9:00-10:00 pm, at Fremont Street Third Street Stage. http://vegasexperience.com/calendar/free-concert-joan-jett-the-blackhearts/

I'm not sure whether I will be able to join you guys at Mirage's HL Room by 4:00 pm, as I will be meeting a few friends at downtown. I will pop in, just in case the time will allow. Maybe you guys can come downtown at night for the free concert. :beer:

15. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad that things have firmed up and there is a time and place. Since the UFC Fight Night was moved from Saturday to Sunday and we now know we're throwing in $100 per player I am 51% in on this meet up. I've never been to the Mirage so it will be something new to do while hopefully winning a couple extra hundred bucks for the 3 day trip!

16. joaks

joaks desert tortoise

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be at least 75% in. Come on!

[emoji482]

17. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Real & Shiny................you gotta come as we are gonna win!!!! and................NO TAX! lol..

Just kidding. I'll send a private message to everyone on the Saturday morning reminding everyone. Try to get there early as we want to have at least a 100$ drink in case we lose

18. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    51% sure because nothing in life is 100%! My flight lands at 7:30am so I'll be there in plenty of time and look forward to meeting everyone. I don't drink liquor or mixed drinks so that's going to be one expensive $100 Bud Light that I enjoy!

19. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least make it 70% lol. It may be a couple of Bud Lights. Depending on how long we last. It should be fun. The majority will decide what we will be playing.

20. mickefc

mickefc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be staying at the Mirage when this is going on so could well be interested in joining you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.