1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Procedure for claiming Ka tickets

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by valleyman0505, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valleyman0505

valleyman0505 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, since the last time I claimed show tickets from myVegas, it seems they have added a $15 operator fee if you book by phone. What is the general procedure if you don't do it by phone? Can you pick your seat or do you just get what you get?

My wife and I each have points to claim a free ticket to Ka. However, we are worried that if we don't do it by phone, we could end up sitting separate from each other. We really don't want to pay yet another Vegas fee out of principle, but we are afraid to book another way and then get stuck with crappy seats that we can't change.

2. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book online, back to back, and if your seats aren't adjacent, then call them and have the seats put together. We did it, and it was easy and free. Tidbit: bring your seat re-arrangement confirmation number. Our first guy at the box office acted like a dumbo and didn't pull up the right reservation, but the second guy was AWESOME and upgraded our seats for the inconvenience! I, idiotically, only had my original confirmation number (which the second guy used to get the new one), but the first guy was being somewhat of a jerk about the whole thing.

So no, you don't have to spend a dime to do any of this.

Have fun!

3. rhubba78

rhubba78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I did this last night. We both booked at the same time, her on her phone, and myself on a laptop. Worked just fine, we got our seats together and front row seats at that.

4. valleyman0505

valleyman0505 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. How come I keep seeing that getting assistance by phone will result in a $15 fee? Is that only if you make the original reservation that way but you are still able to modify an existing online reservation by phone without the fee?

Wow, front row?! How did you manage that? Did you find Premium tickets on MyVegas? All I ever see are the Standard Tickets. Or is there actually some way to get upgraded even with the Standard Tickets?

5. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you reserve online first, then you'll be fine.

6. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also got front row seats for KA for my upcoming trip. I was pretty surprised when I saw the section and row.

7. rhubba78

rhubba78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, we just got the standard tickets and when we put it in on the date,those are the seats that came up.

8. valleyman0505

valleyman0505 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I tried it. My wife and I reserved our seats. It took us a long time of logging in and out over and over until we finally got seats next to each other. We finally did, but in a HORRIBLE spot that we don't want to be in. No matter how many times we tried, we kept getting Section 101 and either Row B or C. This is way off to the side and constantly having to look up (i.e. sore neck). We have seen the show before from way back in Section 202, which is right in the center and there are a bunch of others going with us that plan to pay for seats that want that same section.

So, I called after booking to see if they could be switched AANNNNNDDD, they said no way without the $15 fee. I explained that other people told me they have been able to make changes after booking online without getting the fee and the lady got really snarky with me then and said "well, they should have been charged then and I am not going to against the rules". She went on to explain that the ONLY way you can have any choice at all over where your seats are (even if means just being able to sit next to each other) is to call and pay the fee.

EDIT TO ADD: FYI...I called Mlife first to try to switch the seats and I told them they were MyVegas redemptions, so they transferred directly over to the MyVegas redemption hotline. Maybe I would have had better luck calling the Box Office???? I will try that tomorrow and see what happens.

9. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks and is BS. Definitely try today. I didn't get charged, and I've read quite a few others on different forums and FaceSpace groups also say they weren't charged. All we did when we called was clarify that the reservation was already booked, because they guy was ready to charge. After that got cleared, he just changed the seats. This was only barely two months ago as we went to Vegas on March 20th. Policies change, but that would be a drastic one.

10. valleyman0505

valleyman0505 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you call the MyVegas number or the Box Office? Sounds like you are referring to the MyVegas number, so maybe it is just a matter of getting the right representative (which I definitely did not have...customer service was not her strong suit).

11. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, same as you. I called M-Life first and they transferred me to MyVegas. And yes, I think it is a matter of getting the right person. For me, the person on the phone was great, the first person at the box office was horrible, and the last guy was fantastic..

12. valleyman0505

valleyman0505 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, what a difference the right agent makes. I called again tonight and got them switched no questions asked! Now for the next challenge...coordinating the two other groups of people purchasing tickets so that we all end up together. It really is amazing how few options you have if you actually want to pick specific seats even if you are paying!

13. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I sat fairly fourth row fairly center last year. We redeemed at the same time and had to call to get our seats together. It was easy as it gets and the lady at the box office was more than helpful.

14. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! That's what I like hearing! The only reason to charge, other than to pad the stats, is if the only adjacent seats were in a more expensive section. Then, yeah, make me pay the difference. Otherwise, click click, there ya go, seated together.

Hope the rest goes as smoothly!

15. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, they seem to be getting stricter with the $15 charge. When you call in they even mention it in a recording. I'm sure it depends on the agent you get too. I had problems booking a show online recently. All the dates showed as unavailable so I called just to make sure that was the case. The date I wanted was available and I explained I was unable to book online. It took 45 minutes and her running back and forth to her supervisor before she finally would waive the charge since I could not book online. What a pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.