1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

1st time stay @ Cosmo--what do we not want to miss there

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by burdog, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to Kevin and Kristy we have comped nights at Cosmo. We played there briefly a couple years back but just didn't stay too long. What things at the property are things that we should experience? Note we are both 60 but turn into 30 year olds in Vegas!!! :evillaugh Thanks all.

2. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that I wouldn't want to miss Secret Pizza!

3. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If secret pizza had a big sign outside would be have to call it something else?

4. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it had a big sign out front then it would be just another pizza place lol.. but without ranch :thumbsdown:

5. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holsteins is a nice casual dining burger place. va benne is nice nice quick bite cafe type place, great sandwiches. The Chandelier bar is neat to walk through. If you have a north facing terrace you overlook the Belagio fountains.

6. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are ancient compared to y'all! And so true, in Vegas we act and feel like young degenerates.

A room/suite with a terrace fountain view is a must - we've been going to Vegas for over 15 years (late bloomers as far as Vegas is concerned - but have made up for lost time) and the terrace view and experience jumped to the top of our list of Vegas favorites!
    Explore everything on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors - the Chandeliers are so beautiful - ride the tiny glass enclosed elevator (near the East escalators) to the restaurants on Level 2 and 3.
    Don't miss eating at China Poblano (lunch/dinner) - consider the Golden Pigs - fried delicate steamed buns filled with Chinese BBQ pork and condensed milk on side for dipping - oh so good!
    We were so busy playing slots and trying out a few of their excellent restaurants that I'm sure we missed a lot - so we are hoping your post elicits many more things to see and do at Cosmo on our next trip!

Hope you have an awesome time - our motto is "we can sleep when we get home":wave:

7. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am staying there in June for the first time - I love this thread and the suggestions so far!:beer:

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto to all of this (other than the "ancient" part...I'm still just "past my prime":evillaugh). Definitely explore the first few floors to find some of the funky art and other weird-but-cool shit.

Also, the lunch special at Milos should not be missed. Fantastic deal, if not necessarily dirt cheap - great food and service and for my money, the prettiest dining room in Vegas.

9. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ooops - forgot to include Milos for lunch! Thanks thecarve!
    Milos is really worth it - about $25.25 per person for price fixe lunch - salad or appetizer/entree/dessert - agree it is a beautiful dining room - food and service are first rate.
    I think it was going to be closed for a few weeks for refreshing, not sure if it has been completed - so check the website for Milos to be sure it is open again.

10. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I saw on the Cosmo website that the milo's refresh is closed till mid April.

11. WhskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhskeyTangoFoxtrot MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caprese salad at D.O.C.G.

Cannoli for breakfast at Ve Benne.

I second MIlo's....for lunch or dinner.

Art vending machines.

Chandelier bar for drinks.

12. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have similarities with the OP, in our late 40's will be our first time at Cosmo in late September and have Kevin and Kristy to thank. We have a one bedroom terrace suite....and are looking fwd to a new resort!!

13. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We REALLY like the pool area. You can look out over the strip. The lounger chairs have big, super comfy cushions on them. We've found them to be the most comfortable in Vegas. The way certain areas are set up, you can grab a couple of loungers with umbrellas and it's kinda sectioned off, so you're not on top of other people. The pool has a shallow shelf area if you want to lay out, but still be in the water. Even if you aren't pool people, you should take a little tour of Boulevard pool. It's pretty cool. They have an area in the shade with these kinda lazyboy type chairs and a bank of TVs with sports on, along with a foosball table.

Also, we are hyped to check out Eggslut, which hopefully should be open when we get there.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.