1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Orleans/Gold Coast shuttle change

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by eaglejohn, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See that the Orleans/GC shuttle will be dropping off at High Roller instead of Caesars (April 1?) Sounds much better. Short walk to Harrahs for Samstown and the downtown shuttle. Also, close to monorail, for those that use it.

2. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know. Thanks. Much easier to get to EI from there

3. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if we could ride it with one large piece of luggage for our transfer from GC to the Linq.

4. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been wondering the same thing. My daughter and son in law are staying at Orleans the first night and then moving to Harrah's for the rest of the week. Would be nice not to have to take a taxi over.

5. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good news to know. Thanks for sharing the update. We are staying a couple of nights at the Orleans for this upcoming trip.
    Yes, we've gotten on the GC/Orleans shuttle with our luggage. We made sure that it was not in the way of any other passengers.

6. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you can. I've brought luggage on the Boyd shuttles many times. I bring a carry on and a backpack. They don't have a luggage area though so it might get a little uncomfortable if it fills up.

7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is good to know. Hate to spend another $20.00 on a taxi to switch hotels if we don't have to.

Can anyone describe what path to take from the dropoff to a Linq entrance? I've never actually been all the way in the back by the big wheel.

8. glock77

glock77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen shuttle drivers put luggage in luggage well on side of shuttle. If you speak to driver and give a nice tip I am sure it will not be a problem.

9. liteman

liteman Old Timer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did not realize there was a downtown shuttle. Could you give some details please? I have friends staying at Flamingo early May and want to go downtown. This would save them cab fare.

10. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no downtown shuttle from strip. shuttle goes from Harrahs to Samstown THEN downtown to Fremont/Cal. sorry if I confused you

11. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What he means is that you can take the Samstown shuttle to Samstown and then pick up the shuttle from Samstown to downtown. there is not a shuttle from Harrahs to downtown.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  12. dylanfann

dylanfann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this a loop? Can you pick the shuttle up at The High Roller and take it to The Orleans & Gold Coast?

13. tonysb8

tonysb8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes

14. glock77

glock77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where do they specifically drop off at high roller? Can you walk along that Street to the harrah's garage to get Sam's town bus or do you have to walk out to the strip? Are there sidewalks back there? Thanks.for the info.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  15. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know for sure, but I think that I read somewhere that they drop off within Harrah's garage. I know that when we took the shuttle from Sam's Town, that is where they dropped us off and we picked up the shuttle back to Sam's. Covered area and you enter Harrah's from the back. Can anyone confirm?

16. Federated52

Federated52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was just there last week. You can pick up the "free" shuttle to Rio from the Harrah's parking garage. It is every 1/2 hour. (But sometimes it's sooner). Then you can walk from Rio to Gold Coast, and I think from Gold Coast you can get a shuttle to Orleans. (But I am not 100% sure) (Never did it).......You can also get a "free" shuttle to downtown from Harrah's parking garage as well. I'm not really sure of that schedule though. I'm sure you can google it though.

17. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What free shuttle goes downtown from Harrah's? And yes there is the shuttle from Gold Coast to Orleans that is free.

18. glock77

glock77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No- My question is where does the gold coast/orleans shuttle stop at the linq/high roller ? Can I walk along that street that the high roller is on, to the harrah's garage?

19. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shuttle drops off on linq drive directly behind the wheel. Yes you can walk to the Harrahs garage from there. I did it last week.

20. tonysb8

tonysb8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. It's all in back. You can walk in back on the sidewalk towards Harrahs Valet/Garage, as you get closer, you'll see the parking slots for each shuttle option. Boyd is like the 2nd one. Just follow the Harrahs Valet/Parking signs. I just did Orleans shuttle to Linq & walked right over and jumped on Sams Town shuttle. Very easy & convenient :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.