1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

good sites for inexpensive car rentals

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by daubbermom, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daubbermom

daubbermom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubs and I are coming to LV on 4/25 to 5/5. Would like to rent a car to take to Sedona, AZ while in LV, any suggestions for low cost rental.
    :kiss:

2. RRlover

RRlover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recommend using the name your own price feature on Priceline.com. Most times I can get $14-16/day for a full-size vehicle. Otherwise, I use Costco Travel for the best deal.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Costco is almost always the cheapest for me. I know people who don't live anywhere near a Costco but get a membership ($55) for the car rental deals. But you need to still use due diligence and check a few sources. Priceline, Hotwire, Kayak, etc...If you aren't a member of any of the car rental clubs you can usually sign up online and you will get some email offers. Much like booking a hotel in Vegas what works for the best price one time may not work the next time.

4. daubbermom

daubbermom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a Costco member but don't know how to access the cars.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the top of their homepage, costco.com you'll see "Travel". Click on that and you'll see a choice of vacation packages, cruises and rental cars. Click rental cars and enter your info. You don't need to enter your membership information to get a quote. If you decide to book a reservation you'll need to create a travel account the first time, very easy. The price you will see will include all taxes and fees. Some sites don't show you those up front. Costco also includes an additional driver at no extra cost if that matters to you (it does to me), Other companies charge for that. But in Nevada spouses have to be included so the extra driver won't matter if you're married (I'm not). It will tell you that you must present your costco card when you pick up the car although I've never been asked for it

6. KR_5150

KR_5150 Toss the dice, bring the cannolli!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I did Sedona on our last trip to LV. It's amazing! :peace:

7. Loverboy

Loverboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always liked

Advantage car rental

8. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another suggestion: Check car rental prices frequently (like, every day!), and cancel/rebook if the price goes down. Unless you've gotten some prepaid deal, there's no cost to cancel.

9. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use Thrifty while in Vegas. I recommend you apply to be a Blue Chip member first. You can then avoid any wait time and go directly to your car. I agree with others, check their website daily for deals. Tuesday has been the best day for me to find deals. it's very easy to change reservations if a lower price is found. My trip in late Feb ended up at $14 per day to Thrifty (mid size car).

10. kiprobalom

kiprobalom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As being a non us resident used HappyToursUsa.com before. However, now I've used AmericaCarRental.com - got a midsize SUV from Alamo (it was a Jeep - it was OK) with prepaid fuel and all the top insurance (incl. roadsize assist) for 402$ all tax included for 17 days.

11. Loverboy

Loverboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.