1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carnevino?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by scribe95, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scribe95

scribe95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone been and is it really good? I love Italian and my husband loves steak. The menu looks amazing.

One question I can't tell from reviews - if you order a pasta is that a main dish or like a side?

2. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had the pasta, but I can tell you that the steak is great and I love the mashed potatoes. The sides are served family style, and are plenty big enough to share between two people. Of the images I have seen of some of the pasta dishes, they look smaller than you'd expect for the price, but I could be wrong.

3. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasn't impressed when I went but this was back in 2011. Maybe they've made some favorable changes.

4. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was just ok the first time I went, but I gave it another shot, as a friend of mine adores the place.

2nd time wasn't really any great shakes either, so have just stuck with CUT/Andiamo since. It wasn't a bad meal, but I expected more given how expensive it was.

From memory, the pasta dishes were the best part of the meal.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first time I thought it was okay...not great. Glad I gave it a second chace as its now my favorite steak joint in Vegas by a mile.

I believe the pasta is meant to be its own course. But I've seen plenty of people eating it as a main. Perhaps they have appetizer and main course sizes?

6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    edit:double post

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked the restaurant.

As thecarve said, pasta is its own course at many nicer italian places (the idea being you have an appetizer, a pasta course, a meat course, etc).

But they will be well used to people ordering it one way or the other. When I was there I skipped the antipasti, had a pasta, then the steak.

It will not be entree sized if you order it. But if you share your husbands sides and have an antipasti, depending on your appetite that could be enough.

8. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I chose this place 3 years ago after reading some positive reviews.

Without exception,it was the worst dining experience in Las Vegas........ever!!

Mediocre food at best, rude waiters ,slow service ,wrong appetizers and entrees delivered, etc.etc.
    Very disappointing as it was my choice.I usually give restaurants a second chance but this place pissed everyone off with their arrogant unapologetic attitude.

There are plenty of steak and Italian restaurants in Vegas that are better choices.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.