1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pacquiao vs. Bradley -- April 9th

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Flowers, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sometimes have mixed feeling about boxing. On the one hand it seems so brutal and on the other, I think about Ali and others and the elegance of it. Anyway, it has been sort of on a bucket list for me and this fight is on my last full day in Vegas. No way am I going to spend a lot for a ticket but it looks like I can get one in a nose bleed section for about $250, so I'm thinking about it.

For those of you who have attended boxing matches, I would love to get the scoop about the experience live. I had plans to see Donny and Marie that evening but I can check them out at another time.

2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my opinion go see Donny and Marie. Nosebleed sections for boxing matches are not worth the money spent.

If I'm not mistaken both fighters are handled by the same manager. I can't see anything genuine coming out of this fight except money.

Expect the same excitement and entertainment as when Mayweather and Paquiao danced and hugged each other for 12 rounds. Yep. Dancing all the way to the bank.

Again, this is just my opinion. Just don't want you to be disappointed.

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Electroguy563,I appreciate the frank advice. I was thinking the general experience might be kind of cool as I assume it is a different vibe from most events at the area, but I hear you. Question I guess is whether I want to pay for that general vibe/experience.

4. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flowers, I re-read your original post and this is on your bucket list? Then by all means you must try it. I hope you enjoy the experience!

If you do go don't forget to write about your experience! Have fun and good luck gambling!

5. kevin853

kevin853 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good experience going the boxing in Las Vegas. I went the Pacquiao/Bradley fight in May 2014 and was just something I always wanted to do. Went over to the MGM too early though and had to sit through about 8 fights which most of which were of poor quality. If going make sure you time it right to just get the 4 fights from the main card. Still glad I did it just wished had gone a bit later.

6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys for your feedback and advice. I think I will go and yes, if I do I will definitely share my thoughts about it afterwards!

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its fun. I had a middling seat to see Mayweather a couple years ago. I am an average boxing fan, but I too wanted the experience. It was a good time. I would recommend it

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks UKFanatic. Going to get my ticket today!

9. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never been to Boxing, but I have been to a few UFC fights at the MGM. I was in the "nose bleeds" for a couple of them. When the fighters are standing (kickboxing/boxing) you can see the action just fine. It is when they went to grappling on the mat it became hard to see and you would watch the screens.

So since boxing will be all standup of course, nose bleeds will be fine. You really aren't terribly far away

10. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is their 3rd fight and anyone who watches boxing will tell you that neither fighter are boring. In their two fights they were mostly all action as opposed to the Mayweather snooze fest you are referring to.

As far as experience, I can tell you that it will always differ. In 2008, I was there when Pacquiao knocked out Hatton in 2 rounds. The place was nuts and even more nuts was all the drunk Englishmen who came over to watch the fight. They were all pissed because they were 1) drunk/wasted 2) pissed their guy got knocked out so early 3) pissed they wasted their money. Fights started all over the place in the stands and It was quite the zoo. I also sat in the upper levels but the vibe of the place was well worth being there.

11. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again everyone for your feedback. I jumped in and bought my ticket! I almost always go through a box office when catching shows in Vegas but that didn't look like an option for the fight so I purchased the ticket through ticketmaster. I was a little nervous about doing so but after doing some research online I bought a fan-to-fan ticket on ticketmaster. Almost all of the fan-to-fan tickets were higher than the standard ticket I could purchase in the same section or area from ticketmaster but in one case the fan-to-fan ticket price was a LOT lower -- more than $600 lower -- than the standard ticket, I assume because the other "fan" was selling just one ticket in that row. It was a single seat -- which is all that I am buying -- rather than one of two seats. I'm sure most folks go to events like this with at least one other person so selling single seats can be harder.

Anyway, I was going to get a nosebleed seat for around $250 (plus those horrible fees) but I got the F2F ticket for about $450 (plus $70 in fees -- argh -- about $25 more than the regular amount, I assume because of the resale). So, all in, it was about $530. I plunged and got that ticket though because the seats behind me and in my row are ALL $1200 plus fees, so close to $1300, so even though I paid more than a wanted I feel like I got a great deal. Plus the seat is on the aisle, which I really like. I'm in section 1, on the aisle, in about the middle of the section, so I'm very happy. I can't believe I am going!

12. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great and enjoy the fight. Just remember that this is the last fight in Pacquiao's legendary career so you will be witnessing a semi historic fight.

13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know! Kinda of cool to witness some boxing history! Now I just need to figure out how much of the undercard fights I should see.

14. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome man! I also have this on my bucket list. I, personally, think you'll be in for a treat of a fight. Bradley always comes to fight, and many forget that he only has one loss (and one draw). Pacquiao always throws punches, so it should be fun to watch. The undercard, from my understanding, is mainly prospects unfortunately.

15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a woman SnakeDoctor LOL, but thanks!!

16. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's ok, I say awesome man to my wife all the time, haha! So after the initial watch of the fight, it seemed one sided, but watching it again, Bradley was pretty good, just not good enough. The 2 knockdowns was too much to overcome, and he did get outboxed. Must have been a great fight to be at. It started slow, but was a lot more active in the 2nd half of the fight.

17. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG SnakeDoctor, the experience was amazing. My voice still isn't completely back after the yelling Saturday night! I am so glad I decided to go. It was a truly great experience. I am sleep deprived at the moment as a flew back from Vegas on a red eye Sunday night and arrived Monday morning to a semi-full work day. Will post pictures this weekend when I can figure out how to do it. Thanks again everyone for the advice!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.