1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sixt car rental experience

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by VegasMediumRoller, Mar 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasMediumRoller

VegasMediumRoller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from Vegas and rented from Sixt for a car rental. I thought I would share my story:

We arrived late into Vegas as our flight was scheduled to land around 11:30PM on Saturday night. We took the bus to the Car Rental Center and got in line at the spot where the Sixt shuttle was supposed to pick us up. The security person said it should be here in a few minutes. We could see the Sixt building from there and we could see the bus parked with it's lights on for a while. Then, no lights. After 15 minutes or so, no shuttle. The Fox rental car center shuttle arrived twice in that amount of time. He asked why we were still there and when we told him (there were three groups of us), he offered to give us a ride to the gas station next door to the rental place. We agreed and thanked him (and tipped him) for his kindness.

When we got to Sixt, there were two girls working alone. They informed us that they had no driver for the shuttle and apologized for not picking us up. They say they work on a skeleton crew at nights, etc etc. I was already pissed off at the time for not being picked up (when you call the number on the sign at the car rental center, it doesn't give you the option to connect to an actual person). I even downloaded the app as it was supposed to let you track the shuttle. Nothing.

So as we now stood in line to get a car, we witnessed them not have a van as promised for the large group of 7 in front of us. They were going to give them a small car and have them come back tomorrow (because 7 people can safely fit into a 4 door sedan) but finally 'found' a large SUV that would work. We had rented a Mercedes and they 'upgraded' us to a BMW which I actually didn't like to drive as it had some nuances that took some getting used to.

The bottom line is that the service was horrible as the two young ladies working were very overwhelmed and understaffed. I don't think I would ever rent from them again.

2. Jepockn

Jepockn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good to know. Thanks for your story

3. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I often thought about renting from them. Thanks for sharing your experience.

4. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. Now I know to strike them off of my list.

5. DrLect

DrLect Winning!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How was the BMW itself in terms of age and condition? Did the price on the Mercedes entice you for some reason?

It would seem a pain to have to take an extra shuttle and deal with luggage each time.

6. WhskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhskeyTangoFoxtrot MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a very similar experience with them last summer. We were in San Diego for my son's MCRD graduation. Van was difficult to find at the airport, almost left without us. We got on, got to the storefront.

Two people working the counter. Manager doing nothing. We walked in, one counter clerk leaves. The other one was tied up for half an hour by some ranting asshole who didn't know how to rent a car. Other guy comes back, some people walk in and try to cut us. Aw, HELL NAW!!

Had a Mercedes-Benz reserved...received a Volvo station wagon. After traveling all day, standing behind a lunatic yelling at the desk for 20-30 minutes, and nearly getting into a fight, I wasn't gonna argue.

Agree 100% with VegasMediumRoller - the terminal was sorely understaffed, and customer service was shit. The manager disappeared into the back, and we never saw him again.

I'll never, ever deal with Sixt again.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2016
  7. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting...I had booked SIXT through hotwire dirt cheap for a November 2015 rental.
    Some boards were saying Vegas was no longer showing up on their website & that reports from people in Vegas said it was closed. Some said that a company had rented all their cars for a month.
    WELL I didn't know what was true, but it was no longer on their website & a call to the office was never answered.
    Called hotwire & let them know and after a few phone calls they agreed & refunded my $.
    Thought they were done in Vegas!

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I drove by this place after I picked up my rental car (from another agency) and it looks like it is open again. On the bus to/from the rental facility they have signs up above pushing for Sixt so guess they are trying to get business again.

9. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked Sixt in florida and reserved a Mercedes Benz, didn't care for the check in process VERY slow. Also they had none of the cars we had reserved and had to take an alternate vehicle (a Cadillac SUV). I was tempted to use the Sixt 50% off for our upcoming trip, but figured they wouldn't have the models of car I wanted.

10. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sixt in Las Vegas has changed. and gotten a little better.

1)They dropped the original franchisee and went "corporate"
    2)They have made their pricing more in-line with the competition. I rented an economy car for $105.88 for 4 day last week. (I don't take any coverages. All covered my AMEX)
    3)They have expanded their lot and drop off is at the end of the gas station
    4)Check in is OK, as long as you have your documentation readily available at check-in. Usually the hold-up is people from a foreign country (popular with Sixt), or first time renters.
    5)I have never spent more than 5 minutes getting my car ONCE I have gotten to an agent.

For me at Las Vegas and San Jose, it's between Sixt and Enterprise.

11. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have rented from them twice with no problems. Clean, new cars and great customer service

I took advantage of their cyber Monday sale a few weeks back. I got a Mercedes for 5 days at $116 all in.

I'll report back on how it goes.... I pick up in 2 days.

12. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, please get back to us, and let us know if you got the Mercedes. I feel they over sell them and you drive a way with a lesser car.

13. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got my car yesterday. The MB had a tire problem and they offered me a Volvo 60? Can't remember.
    Girl was very nice and offered me a mb300 for $11 upgrade fee. I said not interested, when will my car be ready? She the offered $8 /day upgrade. I said how about free? She said that works.

I'm not a car guy and had to take the walk of shame to find out how to start the car. It is very nice but the power scares the shirt out of me.

Very nice young lady and I gave her a 10 spot for her trouble
    So in summary... $116 all in for a 300 series MB.

14. eyevandynsx

eyevandynsx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We rented from them in Feb 2015. Didnt have any problems. Had a brand new Hyundai Santa Fe, no Mercedes, but it worked fine for what we needed. Now the whole location and shuttle pick up leaves a lot to be desired...

15. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I agree "whole location..." thing. Dollar (express) consistently meets or beats Sixt plus I go straight to the garage for my car when I arrived Mccareen car rental. Glad to hear that Sixt has worked out for some.

16. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    u get what u pay for but if u have to use them here the trick take the shuttle the car rental and walk across the street to them.much quicker. and if u uber take it them make sure u dont go to the car rental center they will charge u an extra few dollars for being dropped off there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.