1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Oscars downtown

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by FullBoat, Mar 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone had dinner at Oscar's? For my birthday month they sent me a discount for it, and they might comp some off if I play enough. I already have reservations at The D, but I figure it can't hurt to try a new place one night.

2. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having eaten at both Andiamo and Oscars steak house, I would take Andiamo in terms of food & service. Oscars has a lot of history, cigar bar, and great cocktail menu and until they put up Slotzilla had a great view down Fremont Street.

If cost is your main point, then I would take Oscars, its not the greatest steak place in Las Vegas, but you will not be disappointed especially if you are getting say 20 to 30% off the bill.

3. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked the food at Oscars (haven't tried Andiamo, yet). We did have a bit of a problem with the meal, and hopefully it was a one time occurrence. Eating dinner at 7 pm, we were served our salads, but no bread, crackers, etc. We asked the waiter for some bread (noting baskets on other tables), and after about 15 minutes, a supervisor(?) came out and said they were out of bread!! No apologies or other arrangements were offered. We haven't been back, though we plan to go again this spring.

4. MrBBonz

MrBBonz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had both andiamos and Oscars. Both are great in their own way, andiamos to me is geared more toward fine dining while Oscars is a bit more laid back. Both have great food but andiamos is slightly better. Its worth a visit, even more so since you are getting a discount.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've eaten there twice and thought the food and atmosphere were fine. Here is the view from our table last visit.

[​IMG]

If you don't get a window booth, then this is the view from the elevated, next tier of seats.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  6. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Joe,

Thanks for the pictures!

7. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at oscar's in February.

I had steak, no big deal. Some sort of creamed corn dish since I am from corn country, no big deal. I had a slider's appetizers, not very good IMHO, but lots of people like them. Crab cakes were delicious, I would order the crab cakes again.

Oscar's is the old pool area and was shaped like a martini glass.

Would I go back to Oscar's? Yes, if my friends wanted to go. Do I plan on going back? no. There is better food and better views. But if you have never been there, you have to go because Oscar is the old mayor of Las Vegas and his wife is the current mayor of Las Vegas.

Thursday is Ladies night and ladies drink for free from 4 to 7 pm.

8. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm reading their flyer right they'll give me a bit of credit to eat there. I've already got my meal comped at The D for Tuesday so I'd probably go there on Wednesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.