1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dress Up or Dress Down?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by blackjacknut, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was some threads a few years back on this topic but thought I would resurrect the topic. So the "elegant" day's of Vegas are over, what I mean is where it was common place to see guys wearing suits and lady's wearing dresses. I never got to experience these days as I'm not that old :thumbsup: So my question is do you still like to dress up in Vegas or are you more of a dress down type person? On weekends in Vegas when going out to a nice restaurant I tend to dress up. If the restaurant is very fancy I will wear a suit and tie. Otherwise I will wear a sports coat, designer pair of jeans and nice shoes. After eating I will remain dressed this way and gamble. I do get looks sometimes but I like to dress up on Friday and Saturday nights in Vegas. What does everyone else do?

2. Loverboy

Loverboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like wearing a sport coat ,slacks,comfortable shirt. Last time I wore a suit I just got to hot and ditched it..

3. Vegas6821

Vegas6821 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nothing says it like sweatpants and a t-shirt at the $50 blackjack table

4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like dressing up in Vegas during the evenings though I am comfortable, i.e., I don't pack a lot heels, etc. There is also something liberating about shorts, t-shirt and sneakers during the day while hitting a VP machine hard after hanging at the pool for a couple of hours or after a big buffet breakfast, if that's what I'm in the mood to wear.

5. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me daytime is tracksuit or whatever is comfortable. Night time it is sport coat slacks nice shoes chest hair gold chains and too much cologne.

6. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy:

Don't forget the toothpick - it really brings the outfit together!

7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If in doubt, dress up. Better to be over-dressed than under-dressed.

Bill

8. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    70s leisure unit for me.

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to "dress up" in the real world. When in Vegas I dress comfortably. 99% of my trips are during pool season (March-October) so it's always warm and I'm always in shorts :)

10. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I am downtown I will not dress up typically, maybe a polo but most times not even that.

On strip at night I will suit up with my brown fedora that I bought with Cosmo winnings. TriggerMN loves it! :poke:

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dress up in the evenings and more casual during the day.

12. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not really trying to impress anyone on my vacations. I dress comfortable and dress based on my mood.

13. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point because-- really-- nobody will be looking at you.

14. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And so it begins ... yet again. :wink2:

My approach is very simple: Dress for the occasion, the moment.

15. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

This! I dress for the occasion / moment. You never know who you might bump into as well.

16. whifi

whifi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we take the opportunity to dress up... it's impossible to feel overdressed in Vegas. (well, maybe when you see the table of overgrown frat bros next to you wearing t-shirts with the sleeves cut off and flipflops, but hey.) I wear mostly dresses and (comfortable) heels, and my husband sticks to dark jeans and button-down shirts. however, unlike the 21st birthday party and bachelorette groups, I make sure my dress covers my ass and I can walk properly in my shoes. :beer:

17. Sallymander

Sallymander Freedom 55

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doing carry-on dictates how much I can pack so I make sure everything I bring is inter-changable. Flip-flops during the day, fancy sandals for evening...t-shirt vs chiffon top...jeans vs capris/slacks. I usually tell my friends, "Get used to this outfit 'cause you'll be seeing a lot of it" lol.
    (And Ken2v, if you want a vigorous debate re dressing for evenings just read the Celebrity Message Board on Cruise Critic...)

18. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I'm on my own time, I dress down (for comfort) about as much as I can get away with. One observation though regarding the "elegant" days... I'm not so sure they're totally gone... ever seen the outfits the guys and gals entering the upscale clubs are wearing? They look pretty damn sharp to me!

Now I know it's rare for anyone around here to throw any love to the "clubbers", but they work pretty hard to look good and I'd stack most of the gals up against, some pill-box hat wearing, pocket-book toting, pearl-necklace adorned lady from the Eisenhower era any day. Think June Cleaver vs. Jessica Alba! :ssst:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  19. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm retired. I dress in Vegas like I do in my life. Shorts or jeans. If I'm to put on slacks it has to be a wedding or a funeral. If that outfit doesn't fit in than I'm sure not to be there. I dress for no one but my own comfort every day of my life and to hell with anyone that has a problem with it. Of course, no one really cares. No one really looks. To think people, other than those in your own party, actually care what you're wearing is delusional.

20. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, you mean better than some of the historic all-galaxy meltdowns here over the years?!? Get out! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.