1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Weekend Cooking March 18-20

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by HoyaHeel, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So as to avoid making the Slow Cooking turned Corned Beef thread any longer or more off-track, here's a more general thread for the cooks here. What are you making this weekend?

I'm making tacos al pastor (meat marinating & molding in the fridge right now - I'm using a Serious Eats Food Lab recipe/experiment Since that requires a couple days with chill time, that will be Sunday. Saturday night I'm doing sweet potato "noodles" with meatballs...(probably with rosemary garlic flavors, not sure yet)

2. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flambéing some pears in preparation for "crepe day" at work next week. I'll be doing a short run of them to see how they taste, and then the real deal the day before.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tonight -- Ono beef kabobs. Soy/mirin marinade (think teri but not as ridiculously sweet and thick) on strip loin hunks -- shrooms, bells, onion, pineapple. Avo and jicama salad. Herb risotto. Zinfandel.

Tomorrow -- Chile verde. I'll char off the Anaheims, poblanos and tomatillos while grilling the kabobs tonight. Using loin and shoulder meat. Fresh corn torts. Have some black beans from a few weeks ago in the freezer, will refrito those guys. Champagne, probably a rose.

Sunday -- Good freakin' question. Maybe we'll go see what the fishmonger has in.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leaning towards red beans and rice or maybe a pork loin. It's dependent on whether I even get out of bed this weekend.

5. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    does cutting up a couple of hot dogs, frying them in some butter and onions and then adding a can of B&M beans count?
    couple pieces of white bread and butter with a beer and I;m good to go....
    if it's good enough for anthony bourdain,...... ;)

did i mention my wife will be out of town saturday? :beer:

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tacos turned out delicious - but wow the salsa verde & guacamole salsa I picked up on a whim at the hispanic market were HOT. They were not marked as such ;-) I am a wimp when it comes to chile heat.

Revisions for tonight - sweet potato "noodles" with a white venison bolognese....It's cold & grey here, possibly rainy later, so I want something slow cooked and comfort food-ish....

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The chile verde turned out to be a great batch. This is what I did yesterday ... Bolognese:

IMG_1329.jpg IMG_1330.jpg IMG_1331.jpg

Those are the views at 2pm, 5pm and nearly 8pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.