1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Parking Update

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dnreyes23, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegas6821

Vegas6821 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife VIP services told me today that Parking fee will begin in June. $17 for valet and $10 for overnight parking. Both fees will be waived if your Mlife status is Gold and above. Hope this helps.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is "overnight" ? Is their a charge for partial day?

3. Vegas6821

Vegas6821 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    from what I understand it may be 24 Hr period. She did say if you pay for parking at Mandalay then jump to other MGM properties " within the overnight period" you will only be charged once.

4. Vegas6821

Vegas6821 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not sure how they will implement the free parking for GOLD status and above. If they have people checking ID's it will only slow down the process of exiting the property

5. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sure this will slow down the process of exiting the property. IF it's anything like Atlantic City it will be an interesting change and I am sure CET properties will follow before the end of the year. Since they've been charging downtown for years, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that some properties want to increase their revenue stream.

Only if people stop parking in the paid structures will this program stop (don't see it happening) as it will not affect the high rollers and the tourists won't care.
    I want to see if non strip/downtown properties add paid parking/valet. I don't that happening and will make their properties more attractive to some.

Time will tell.

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They could have card readers that recognize the MLife cards. If they are that concerned about people gaming the system, I am sure they would be a way to validate before you exit to get free parking.

7. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET offers free Diamond parking in New Orleans and Atlantic City. Seems to work okay.

8. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Whew! We'll be staying at MB and Aria in a few weeks and I was ready to cancel our res. if they were charging for parking. It's the principle of the thing. Funny, we just called yesterday and the reservationist still couldn't tell us about the parking fees. They need to inform their employees about this.

9. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this is a bad, bad move, as I'm sure most others do.

I fly in and am gold, so it doesn't affect me personally (outside of the irritant factor), but the in-laws often meet us, driving up from Scottsdale. My father-in-law (who loves to play), always gets mad about not being able to get his card to work in the machines, so never advances tiers (he just plays without it.)

I know he, for one, will absolutely come less if parking is charged, mainly on principle. We've taken resort fees with grace, but now tacking on parking? That's going to amount to about $50 night a pop for both combined...they might see numbers go down for people that drive in versus fly, which I would think is a big chunk of their "regulars", coming from Cali and AZ.

10. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Borgata offers for black label as well. AC is platinum and above for CET. Just give them card, they scan and then you exit. I haven't been asked for id.

11. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well that's unfortunate to hear. Sounds like I won't be spending any $ at mlife properties if I make it to Vegas this summer.

12. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn..so those $130 night rates for July at Mandalay that I saw are really $200+ after taxes, resort fees and valet fees.

13. BadKarma

BadKarma Vegas Degenerate - Still Royal Flushless

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another reason to look for Gold MLife cards and better stuck in a slot machine or just laying around. :evillaugh

14. 1BETSY1

1BETSY1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be looking for the large new FREE parking signs at the CET properties!

15. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! I've never had a true "card not working problem". Maybe the first 'poke it in' doesn't read but another try does. I've never resorted to playing without getting credit on my card. Could this be a FIL paranoia "I don't want Big Brother tracking my play" situation?

16. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it falls into the same category as "how did that money fall out of my pocket again?" :)

Honestly I HAVE seen him try with his card and it doesn't always work, but more than anything, he just has never gotten in the habit. The few times he remembers to try, if it doesn't work, he then gets irritated and gives up. (I've told him get a few cards as they DO wear out, but he doesn't.)

I think he also never bothered really trying to make using his card a habit because he thought he didn't spend enough to get comps, so why bother.

Now that he's seeing my comps though, and I don't spend astronomically more, guess who is trying to use his card? (Though I'm not holding my breath on him doing it regularily.) I actually adore my father in law as he's dry and a bit aloof with most people, but funny as HECK if he likes you, and is always a gem with me, so this is NOT knocking him, I just always get a kick out of "the card never works" excuse. It often comes around the same time as "I think the waitress didn't put vodka in my screwdriver", or right after "how did that money fall out of my pocket again?" ! :D It cracks us up every time he uses one of those lines!

17. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once they implement the parking fee they have to include parking in there resort fee!!!!!!!

18. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope this said "tongue in cheek" as they do not have to include that in their resort fee.

19. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is going to tilt the scale for us from rental car to Lyft. Between the rental car cost coupled with the parking fee this will be the new way for us to get around.

20. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They'll make parking "free" for guests and just jack up the resort fee for everyone, whether you have a car or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.