1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How do Point Multipliers work

Discussion in 'Comps' started by alexm, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried searching through the threads for an answer but couldn't find one. I'm sure it's a very stupid and simple question though:

I have seen multiple places on here and other websites discussing point multiplier days, but I don't seem to understand the concept.

Are they multiplying points that I have earned to advance my tier or are they just giving me more points for comps, or is it both?

Basically if I play at slots at the plaza on a Friday it says there is a 10x multiplier. If I play $3000 coin in and get as a result 1,000 points times 10 what does that get me?

I am assuming these multipliers are different from CET bonus points, which I do understand.

Thanks

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Different chains have different ways of doing it.

Sometimes it only applies to slot points, sometimes it applies to tier credits, sometimes it applies to both.

Some places, slot points are interchangeable with cash-equivalent comps you can use against your bill, and some places they're not.

Some places a slot point = 1 cent, which makes it easy to keep track of; some places it doesn't, and you have to accumulate according to some formula like 2,500 points = $10 in slot play.

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For CET the multipliers are for Reward Credits only.

In any promotion, the exact terms should be listed in the 'fine print". I went to the Plaza website and didn't find the promotion you were referring to, so I don't know the answer to your question.

4. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes Video Poker is not allowed to be multiplied.

I know at Cosmo it does not apply to tier, just to comp points.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually the multiplier only applies to the points that can be used as comps unless it says otherwise as I've seen mlife give tier credit multiplier for the month of September to help you maintain a higher status. Haven't seen it since I've gone back to sapphire but I got the emails about it each year when I was Gold or Pearl tier. And like wanker says, Cosmo multiplier is only for the points you can spend on comps. Not tier points. Also they're only multiplied on slots, not on vp.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.