1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flight Drinking

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by shawnj1, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawnj1

shawnj1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been one to drink on flights, but on the way to vegas I figure why not? What are the prices like for a drink? Also you can bring shooters onto the flight (1.5 ounces) correct?

2. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On SWA drinks are $5, on United and Delta they are a couple bucks more.

Yes you can bring minis in your carry on, but you aren't allowed to drink them. Just be discreet when there are no flight attendants nearby and you will be fine.

3. WhskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhskeyTangoFoxtrot MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think current TSA regs (eyeroll) allow 3 carry-on "airplane bottles" in a clear plastic bag.

I got busted on my last Southwest flight drinking Absolut (that I brought aboard) and Cranberry lmao!
    The flight attendant was cool though, and after telling me to put my booze away, gave me a free Vodka bottle hahaha!

4. jcombs

jcombs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've go with people who brought a gallon zip lock bag filled. To my knowledge, as long as the bottles are sealed, in a bag, and under 2oz, there is no limit.

5. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just be discreet, I can't stand the crappy vodka they serve on Southwest anymore and bring my own in the small containers and ziplock bag.

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah just pour them when the flight attendant isn't looking

And keep your empties and throw them away yourself. If I remember right there is some sort of regulation against self serving on a plane

7. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah allegiant always bitches about only acohol that can be served is by flight crews

8. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't want a drunk on the plane...it can be dangerous for all of the passengers. They want to be able to control your alcohol intake if you start showing signs of having had too much. Private stash stops them from having this shut-off control.

9. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yah Allegiant is adamant about the only alcohol you are allowed to drink is served by the flight attendants and they announce it,,,so if they announce it and make you aware of it...I think they can ban you or something...They also don't let you go to the bathroom. Ever.

10. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol have went to bathroom before. They think they are gonna miss out on the blatant overcharge of alcohol to lad their pockets lol

11. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not exactly true. As long as they all fit into a Quart size bag you are good. However, depending on the TSA agent you can get through with more. I fly alot and out of hartfields and I have seen more go through but than often, I see them make it fit into a quart bag.

12. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some people drink heavily on flights. I only drink when it's free when I'm in business class or on international flights.

13. WhskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhskeyTangoFoxtrot MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, you guys are right...3 ounce limit, not 3 bottles.

I dunno...I was drunk!

14. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I do EVERY trip.. fill a gallon zip lock bag with all those little "test samples" their like 1.5 ounces or whatever.. i usually bring around 20 or so.. once through TSA security, I buy a coke and can start mixing or taking shots and chasing while waiting for the plane.. technically you are supposed to hand over all liquor to the flight attendant once on the plane and have them serve you so you dont get too drunk.. but i just be discreet about it and its never a problem..

15. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    their website does say a quart size bag.. which I used last time and managed to stuff 12 mini bottles in there lol.. but usually i just bring a gallon bag and its never been a problem..

16. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We also bring a bag, but it has to be quart size and there just is no way you could fit "20 or so" minis in that.

17. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i said 20 in a gallon sized bag.. last trip i think i had 12 in my quart size bag..

18. shawnj1

shawnj1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you able to bring on bottle of coke? Like a 20 oz that you buy once you are through security?

19. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes... you just have to buy it AFTER security... i made that mistake last time with a water bottle and had to throw it away and then get frisked lol

20. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. I've heard of some airlines saying no food and drink can be brought on board though. These are usually the airlines trying to nickel and dime you by charging for every little thing. You can easily mix a nice 20oz cocktail before you board the plane.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.