1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Better Buffet - Mirage, Planet Hollywood or MGM Grand?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thoughts?

Thanks!

July 19th - July 24th
  2. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been on either one of them , altough reading this forum i hear alot of good things about the mirage

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a restaurant section on here, lots of good info there FYI

4. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planet Hollywood is the best , i have been to all 3 and you can get beer and wine for a minimum fee.

5. HolgerKCH

HolgerKCH Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM by far the worst. PH usually better than Mirage but last time PH was also quite disappointing.

6. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to all 3 and enjoyed them all. I have read a lot of bad on mgm but the one time that we went there it was very good. Been to mirage several times and almost always good, and planet Hollywood used to be really good but haven't been in a while and heard it has really gone down hill. Out of the 3 I would prob pick mirage. Enjoy

7. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not even close. Mirage Cravings. PH hasn't been good in years. They've lost the spice in the Spice Market.

Nick:beer:

8. BC_ girl

BC_ girl Low-Roller

Mirage.

9. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planet Hollywood is the 2nd best CET buffet after the Bacchanal at Caesars. We enjoyed it quite a bit. They also let you skip the line if you are Platinum status and seat you in a special VIP area. Saved us about 45 minutes of waiting.

10. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done 2 of them at least once every year for the past 4/5 years.

Spice market - not as large at as Cravings however steam crab legs are served to those folks sitting in Diamond/seven starts section. Big plus. Cotton candy is a unique dessert that few other have. Aside from that its a good buffet. Groupon often has offer for 2 people plus drinks for $30/40 something. And sometimes 4 people for $80/90 something. LVA has $10.00 off coupon too for up to 4 people (if memory serves me correctly). Spice market has separate entrance for Diamond members..no waiting. Could be long other wise

Cravings - 1 of the largest buffets in Vegas. Considerably larger selection than Spice market although there are spaces between many of the stations so the appearance of huge amount of selections is somewhat miss leading! Some of the larger crab legs in Vegas although not steamed. Not sure how the beer wine works since I don't drink. Both Spice Market and Cravings have bars right in the buffet! Cravings has a a few more meat items than Spice market too. LVA has a 2 for 1 coupon which saves $30.00 plus on dinner buffet. If you are nice the server may give you a 2 4-1 to use during your next visit during the day! They have the last 2 times we have been there (8 folks 1 time and 10 folks on the other. ). Not sure if Cravings has separate entrance for upper tier Mlife folks.

No experience with MGM although from what I've heard I'm not missing anything!

11. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with lithium. 2nd best CET!

12. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had all three and would rank them 1. Mirage 2. PH 3. MGM.

Been a while since I've had the MGM dinner buffet but the last few trips we've done the buffet brunch because of the unlimited mimosas and champagne (thank you MyVegas). Food is average but its something I'd actually pay for when you add in the drinks.

Mandalay Bay is still one of my favorite strip buffets.

13. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage Cravings much better than MGM - have not tried PH buffet.
    Beer and wine are included in the price ar Mirage - just go to the bar and order. Also coffee, soda, etc are self serve now.

14. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I personally think MGM is the pits and L-O-V-E Cravings @ Mirage!

15. God-Speed

God-Speed "Live Life, Live It!"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage!!! My wife and I have had tried their breakfast, lunch and even dinner buffet and have never been disappointed. :thumbsup:

16. rayzor

rayzor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I am in the minority but I had the MGM buffet last March and thought it was very good,had Mirage 3 years ago i believe also thought it was very good.

17. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive had all three, and I think Mirage is best, then PH and then MGM.

PH used to be better but I think has gone downhill. I really didn't care for the MGM buffet.

18. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've eaten at Planet Hollywood three times and it's always been very good!

Last year, with a LVA coupon, we tried Mirage for the first time. We went for brunch and were disappointed. The best things were the free wine, shrimp, prime rib, and guacamole. It seemed three-quarters of the items were breakfast fare. It was 5:00 pm (our time) and we didn't have a taste for pancakes and bacon. Dessert selection was dismal. I'm willing to try it again with a coupon for dinner and hope it's much better.

19. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was very disappointed with the MGM dinner buffet. One of the worst i've had in Vegas. Maybe we caught them on an off night, I'm not sure.

We had PH a few weeks ago, we got there in between breakfast and lunch. I was very surprised with the food, it was all delicious. I can't say anything about their dinner buffet since I haven't had it, but the breakfast/lunch was great.

20. bigrockstar

bigrockstar Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Mirage, then PH. Have had all three. Most recently, went to MGM for one breakfast, one brunch and one dinner during Christmas week since we were staying on property. This was my worst Vegas strip buffet experience in recent memory. Monte Carlo was a much better experience! Admittedly, I have never been to buffets at Flamingo or Circus Circus... Anyway, the MGM had a relatively small selection, mostly showcasing various greasy, under-seasoned, moist, brown things. They had less dessert selections than a hometown buffet and comparable quality. Same dessert selections for all three meals. There was a huge part of the buffet that had been closed off with a black curtain. No signs explaining why. I have a feeling they are charging the same price for this reduced selection. We had 2-for-1 coupons from MyVegas, but ended up refunding two of them and both times bought half-price T.I. buffet passes at Tix4Tonight. We were extremely satisfied with that decision. My advice: Stay away from the MGM buffet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.