1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BWI long term parking questions

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by hawki39, Feb 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are doing our second trip to Las Vegas in May. On our first trip we were dropped off and picked up at the airport, this trip we are driving and are going to use the long term parking lot. We are leaving BWI at 7pm Saturday May 14 and returning Wednesday, May 19 around 12:30am. What are the wait times for the shuttle buses and do they run 24 hours?
    Thanks for any information.

2. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Waits are 10 to 15 minutes. It can get a little difficult with breathing in the exhausts in the low ceilinged waiting area. MAKE SURE YOU ARE GETTING ON THE CORRECT BUS. It's either A or B or Amtrak, but getting on the wrong one can be a major PITA. I know.

I'm not sure if they run 24 hours. I've never been there after midnight.

Where are you from? My mother's side of the family are from the Ashland area.

3. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Small world, I'm born and raised in Mahanoy City. I worked in the Ashland ACME Market for years...1985 to 1990.
    I found it is much cheaper to fly out of BWI than Philly...for me, BWI is about a 20 minute longer drive but easier to get to.

4. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Park at Fast Park. There are two locations. One is like a dollar more than the other but the cost is comparable to long term parking but much more efficient. You will be on the bus a minute after you park. They are much more efficient than BWI long term parking.

5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many hotels in the BWI area offer park and fly deals, we stayed at the Candlewood last May. Looks like you might need a hotel after your return trip, just make sure the shuttle runs during your arrival time. Sometimes the rates with parking compare favorably to the off airport economy parking lots.

If you like crab cakes, there is a place called G&M in Linthicum Heights adjacent to BWI.

6. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to bestparking.com and checked your dates and time and long term parking a and b have the best rate of 40$. It also states its 24hrs. There is also a first park and relax for the same rate and it has indoor and outdoor parking, where the long term parking is all outdoors. I live in the glen burnie area my whole life. I'm not used to parking there because there is always someone that will drive us to the airport, but occasionally it is cheaper for us to fly out of reagan. Thats where I came across the bestparking.com.

7. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes the shuttle runs 24 hours a day.

8. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We live in central NJ and occasionally fly out of BWI (a three hour drive-we'll go anywhere for cheap airfare). I don't know how far you live from the airport but, as Hammie said, there are many park, stay, sleep hotels in the area. We always book through Stay 123 at the Ramada Inn in Arundel Mills and the price is not much more than we would pay for parking alone.

9. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the information and advice. I have to work the day we return so a hotel isn't feasible. I looked at Fast park and that is the route we will take. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.