1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comp deltas?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by rainy425, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainy425

rainy425 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering if comps are calculated differently for a player that walks away ahead, vs a player that lost? For example if player #1 won 3k on his trip, and player #2 lost 3k on his trip, would player #2 be offered better comps (ex. better rooms, more resort credit / freeplay) than player #1 for a future trip? Or is it the other way round?

This is assuming both players played the same 12 hours per day, 10k daily coin-in, slots only.

2. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These days, it is almost certainly purely based on ADT or some computer algorithm.

If there is a human element, the guy who lost might get more back end comps while the guy who won might get better future offers in an attempt to win the money back.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In general no. They know if they get the winner back in the door, the house wins it all back. Plus aren't you more likely to return to a place where you won and perceive good luck?

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At that level, not really. Higher-level players will occasionally have their host factor losses into the equation if they're significant -- someone who lost $100k in a trip might get a bit more than someone who had the same theo but won or broke even, but even that's unusual and up to the discretion of hosts.

5. CheeseHeadsForever

CheeseHeadsForever Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the Plaza looks at this. I won $4000 on a royal flush last fall, and have not had a offer from them since.

6. rainy425

rainy425 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok that makes sense. My comps at Aria have been steadily improving, but this last trip went down 7k, so hopefully i'll see something better in the mail soon...

7. Gopherguy25

Gopherguy25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stopped in the host office on one trip to see if I could get any back-end comps. He gave me 10% of my loss back by taking some food charges off. However, it was unclear how close this matched my theo for the trip combined with my 1 comp night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.