1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

All nighter

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Miller12pack, Feb 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need to be at the airport at 5am for my 7am flight home. I am thinking about pulling an all nighter and just sleeping on the way home. I haven't done it for years and now that I am 65, it might be a little rough. Does anybody else do this?

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sometimes stay up all night on my last night but I always have a room so I can shower and change clothing before heading to the airport. If I fly a red eye home, I book that night in a hotel as well.

3. luckylinda

luckylinda High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No I always book a room for every night

4. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    only done that one time and it was my first trip to vegas, i wasnt familiar with the airport and didnt want to have to be running around looking for stuff. so we partied till about 2am, I went back and showered and headed to the airport for an early flight, turns out not many people there so I had to wait around almost 2 hours before going home...lesson learned...now i get an morning flight around 8am and get to the airport 30 minutes before boarding

5. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be keeping my room and check out in the morning.

6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A wise decision.

7. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do them all the time.. but i'm cough cough a little younger. We usually plan our trips to get there around 8 pm (we don't get a room the first night) then leave at midnight on whatever day and do not have a hotel that last day. so basically the first 12 hours and last 12 hours in Vegas are without a hotel room, which equals lots of "awake time" but also helps us stretch out our trips on a budget.

8. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you got a room. All nighters seem like a great idea until zombie time - about 3 am.

When we Were Young
  9. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've pulled all nighters before leaving and it sucked when I got home. If I do them earlier in the trip I'm able to recover a bit better

10. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I am in LV or anywhere else away from home I must have a hotel room or I just wouldn't feel right. You never know if you just get drop dead tired or have too much to drink or just get ill.

11. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct choice!

12. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think everyone is different, some people can do the all nighter and some won't. Even though I have a room on some of the Hawaii charters they have the bag pull at 4 am with us leaving for the airport at 5:30 so I will stay up all night anyway so don't really need the room. Still, it is good because I can take a late shower but I never go to sleep or take a nap for fear I may miss my flight but even then I usually don't stay in my room other than to get my stuff or finish packing. I will usually take a nap in the late afternoon or early evening. Other times I just don't have a room and I just check out before noon, sometimes I will take a nap someplace (like near the cal front desk) without any problems to pull the all nighter.

I'm in my late 50's but I have pulled all nighters when I had early flights, I think it is up to the individual so IMHO there is no correct or good choice in making the decision.

13. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there is a thread on here somewhere, where the guy decided not to book a room the first night and ended up sleeping in the restroom in a stall on the commode.

14. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How long is your flight home? If its long-ish and could get some decent sleep, I'd be more inclined to give it a try. For me, I have just over 2 hrs and that wouldn't be near enough for me. I've gotten to the point where we won't fly out until mid-morning at the earliest. I've pulled a couple of all nighters or near all nighters before an early morning flight back. And they sucked.

15. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

hmmm, I never thought of that. But then I'm a little apprehensive since my dad died in the restroom stall at the Cal in 2001 - he suffered a massive heart attack and since he was in the stall nobody noticed it or could help him until it was too late.

Actually I usually rent a car so I usually will park someplace and take a nap. Once I did that in the Cosmo parking lot since it is a little darker than the other parking lots.

yeah, my flight back to Hawaii is a good 5 hours so I usually am asleep before the plane leaves the ground. Once or twice I woke up right when they were descending to the airport (flight attendants woke me up).

16. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i rarely sleep in vegas :D

17. BC_ girl

BC_ girl Low-Roller

I would for sure to this, but I would keep a room so I could have a shower before going to the airport. But with early flights for me there is no point in going to bed early the night before, I just stay up all night and suffer later. My friend and I once were silly enough to book a 6 am flight, and we did exactly this, partied till 4am, quickly back to hotel to get luggage and shower and go to airport. I won't lie though, I was a wreck that day and so tired.

18. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do this every single time. Can't stand to miss those last couple hours in Vegas. And no sleep is better than three hours of sleep for me.

19. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Granted it should make for a short flight as you will surely sleep in the plane ride home.
    The concern would be getting too tired and not being as mentally sharp and possibly losing for leaving stuff behind especially if traveling solo.
    Don't do an all nighter cut it down to just a few hours sleep.

20. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used to catch the 3 PM amtrak to New Orleans and party all night before catching the 6 AM return the next morning. It was about a 3.5 hour ride and we usually slept until we stopped at our town. That was 25 years ago and I am pretty sure that my body would revolt at such treatment now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.