1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Changing the rules of golf

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know you are finished with your article, but I'll use this thread to discuss another one I thought of yesterday.

Again, I am keen on any rule that speeds up play, so this one would help: make it a rule that you once you are on the green you are only allowed to lift, clean, and place your ball one time. Do it once, then putt it out.
    Yes, we would all have to learn a new putting routine, but the elaborate rituals people go through for a two foot putt, are just dumb. As well as slowing the game.
    Unless a competitor requests you to mark of course.

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a big 10-4 on that one, bud, although it won't take much to convince me that the rule is no-touchy.

I have a litany of prohibitions on and around the green. If you're the first one there, go ahead and putt. Continuous putting, yep. Aren't a lot of really good putters out there anyway so no multi-angle look at that 12-footer you're gonna stab or that three-footer that's going off the green. If you can't get the gist of the putt walking up, consider another game, in fact. There are others. lol

3. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

I hate that, too. Once you start, putt til you are done. When 4-5 guys all putt to three feet, and then mark, it adds 2-4 minutes a hole! You could trim 30-45 minutes from a round with EASE!

4. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Waiting for "honors" on the next Tee.
    If the person isn't ready..........screw "honors" and somebody just hit the ball.
    ( of course, this is only in a "weekend game". )

5. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That one has thankfully died with most of my peeps and people I encounter.

6. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Music. Music on the course, like at Grayhawk's practice facility, Troon Golf courses with carts equipped with jacks and speakers, good stuff. Another must-have rule.

7. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

But that does not have to be a USGA rule. That should be the course policy. Very easy to do. "Use earphones for all music. No amplified music of any kind permitted."

Simple enough.

8. CoveredinBeer

CoveredinBeer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I moved to South Carolina 10 years ago, I thought people were crazy listening to music. Now, I can't stand playing without it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.