1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Friend on Tinder

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by PaulBowdry, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So last year I went to Vegas with and old weird friend. Star Trek guy. So I am not an app guy but said hey you could get some trim with that tinder app. I know he wouldn't but it would be funny. So this guy is creepy looking. So for his pic a Facebook pic pops up on this app thing. He has a picture of his creepy ass but with some cyborg transformer thing which makes you look like a cyborg. So he is like should I take a new picture? I said and kept a straight face and said no chicks dig cyborgs and what if some trekky broad sees you on there you are in. So I feel sorry for the Vegas women might have been scared by that pic my deepest apologies. Cant believe I kept that straight face and he did it.

The guy is in the middle he just zoomed in on his face. This is the actually pic he put up. Except just zoomed in on him.

Attached Files:

2. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think that with tinder in Vegas, you'd get nothing but ads for working girls. When I was single and used the app in chicago those would pop up from time to time, in Vegas I bet they would completely overrun the app.

3. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your friend would be better off using SoulGeek instead of Tinder. That's how I met my awesome geeky wife and now we have fun going to comic book conventions together. (Atlantic City Boardwalk Con, May 13-15!)

4. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree. The Tinder app picks up on your location as you use it. Which means that if you were a regular Tinder user in New York, and then went to Las Vegas and started using the app, you would start seeing matches who are physically in (but not necessarily from) Las Vegas. Likewise, you will appear as being a "local" match to other Tinder users who are in Las Vegas at the time.

Other dating sites/apps on the other hand, such as OkCupid and POF have "fixed" locations to a given profile - which means you're more likely to be seeing "working girls" from such apps and sites.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  5. JoastTheMost

JoastTheMost Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This post nailed it.

Last time I went to Vegas (solo), I dabbled on Tinder a bit and it was great! I got many matches and talked to a few--even ended up hanging out with and gambling with a girl I met from there. Lotssss of people from out-of-town looking to meet up with people. It's literally a perfect situation for small groups or solo travelers..

I can't believe your friend put a cyborg picture up lol. Props to you for holding a straight face. You're also a bit of a d*** for that hahaha

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    <sigh> Old guy here. So "trim" is new shorthand for a pickup? Or working girl?

7. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's a slightly less gross way of saying "Get some p*ssy".

8. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    please advise friend to just go about it the old fashioned way. costs nothing and gets the job done without humiliation.

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Time is money. The old "old fashioned way" takes too much time.

10. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Young people -- 30 and under -- pretty much only meet through apps and websites these days. It's a completely different dynamic than it used to be.

11. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a vast overstatement, though apps and websites have certainly become much more prevalent in recent years.

I'm not in the 30 or under crowd, but fairly close. I'd say that most younger people still meet their SO through more traditional channels, i.e. through work or friends.

12. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So... I thought trim was an old guy term?

13. Hndful1

Hndful1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only trim you get if you're an old guy is at the barber shop.

14. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trim is the old guy term. I am trying to bring it back.

15. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So to close out the story this guy donates money to the Asian stop trafficking people people downtown on the street. He is in a bad mood later so he hires a body rub from craigslist. It is an Asian women who speaks no English. So I was busting his chops because I said you just gave money to stop human trafficking and now you are supporting it.

So the reason he is in a bad mood we went to atomic museum and he bought some book at the gift shop from a vegas author that mentions that atomic liqours place in it. So we are eating at the wicked spoon and he has the book out on the table. Just so happens the people next to us were next door neighbors with the author who wrote that book. It is a guy and his parents. So my friend is really jibber jabbering I am like Robert De Niro in Goodfellas at the dinner scene I put in like two words here and there like yep that's right. Oh yeah food is great. Not really saying much. He says to my friend you have to go to that atomic bar. Ok. So my friend and this guy exchange numbers innocently. But after dinner I say first number you ever got in vegas and it is a guy's number. So that irritated him

Now he wont shut up about this atomic bar. I said ok we can go there. He had a few drinks before and can't handle it. So I parked down by Fremont we were walking over there. We were joking about something I told him he had a face for radio. We get there sit down going to order drinks. Bartender making small talk asks what my friend does. He tells him. The bartender says oh I thought you might be a radio DJ because you have a face for radio. I spit my drink out laughing because I just told him that before we got there. My friend storms out wont come back. He texts me he isn't coming back and at the end types LLAP. So I'm trying to figure this out. It means live long and prosper from star trek. So now I am cracking up more. Anyways i left went back to hotel. He wants the Asian lady rub down.

So I have to hide all my shit in the room cause I don't want my stuff stolen when they take his kidneys. So he was like can you go im going into the bathroom to get ready. So I said sure. So I take the lampshade off and put it on my head and am standing in the corner of the room. So he comes out of the bathroom and doesn't notice me for a minute. He is like come on go. I said you wont even know I am here i promise not to laugh or snicker.

Anyways next day he says he spent 100 for the body rub and 80 dollar tip. He ended up with a Yankee doodle handy. She had an app on her phone to translate. Type in her language it speaks English. So I guess he ended up with what he wanted.

I know I am a dick. But we tease back and forth

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fully support that, maybe Joe is other than old [emoji12]? Just kidding love ya joe!

17. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

huh, well what do you know...I wasn't expecting that to happen. I guess with all the teasing, his day deserved a happy ending

18. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that 'you have a face for radio' happenstance is just too funny. As for happy endings, doesn't everybody need one every so often (timeframe may vary)? My question is how much did you enjoy being a floor lamp during that scenario?

19. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

haha I forgot about that detail. I wouldn't be surprised if his light bulb went off....

20. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Late response sorry. I left the room after making believe I was a lamp. I busted his chops enough. I checked my bed when I got back make sure I wouldn't wake up with the pillow stuck to my face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.