1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SDX 3 day bus pass questions

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by carolineno, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello, looked on the website but couldn't find and answer to my questions. I want to buy one of those 3 day passes for the Deuce, but I'm hoping that pass works for the WAX bus too. Basically I am trying to avoid starting my trip with an argument about long-hauling, on top of being naturally cheap. From what I gather, they implication is that this 3 day pass isn't sold at all the machines. Here are my questions

~Does the SDX/Deuce 3 day pass work on the WAX bus?
    ~Can I buy a 3 day pass on the WAX bus? Or at a machine near the bus stop at the airport?
    ~If I can't buy a 3 day SDX pass at the airport station, where can I buy one near the Linq?

Seems like a lot of hassle, but once I get that pass I will be all set! Strat freeplay here I come! Thanks in advance.

2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 day pass is good on all routes including residential. Can buy at airport, not on WAX. Wax doesn't go to strat or linq. SDX/Deuce stop is in front of Strat. I would get an uber/lyft code and get an almost free ride from airport, then get bus pass when at strat. If you want a bus route from airport to linq or strat, just enter from and to at bottom of rtcsnv.com page. It will take 2 buses and that is why I suggest uber/lyft, especially if you have luggage

3. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I just want to get to mgm, then make my way to the Linq slowly. Almost no luggage. Mostly staying put, but 1 trip to Aria & back, Strat & back, with the option of other rando trips. Mostly i just want to be able hop on & off with ease at odd hours, & without planning, so the bus seemed best. Thanks again!

4. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WAX stops near MGM at Koval. A little walk, but not too bad depending on time. Still I would suggest uber/lyft with a free ride code

5. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your trip wasn't so close you could have ordered them online and they would have mailed them to you. We've done that a few times. Just a heads up for next time.
    However, if you won't be using the bus a lot your first few days your better off just paying the $2 for the WAX and activating the 3-day pass later. We usually don't venture out too far our first few ways once we reach the hotel.

8. Pbear71

Pbear71 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can just pay the $2 cash on the WAX bus correct? You don't need a pass first right?

9. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yep. exact change

10. Pbear71

Pbear71 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks eaglejohn!

11. mona

mona Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get a 3 day pass at the stop my the M&M store next to MGM, that's where I usually get mine as I stay in that area. Only certain bus stops have the machines to buy passes.

Flamingo with the sibs!!!
    5 nights NYNY!!!
  12. catman

catman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The WAX also stops at NYNY at LV Blvd going towards Downtown.

13. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK thanks everyone. I might use the Uber for The STRAT visit - my brother will be joining me and he will appreciate it more that the bus! Will still likely get a bus pass too - I never quite recovered from hoofing it from the Venetian to Aria after being up over 24 hours, For some reason a cab did not occur to me even though I was winning for the night LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.