1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Laurel Collection

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by justdeb, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justdeb

justdeb hey look!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are (finally)booked to stay at Caesars for our 25th June 12-17. I booked the basic room, forum non smoking.

when i told them we were coming to celebrate our 25th and that we honeymooned in Vegas, they asked me if we'd ever stayed at Caesars before.
    After i paid in full, the lady told me she upgraded me. I asked her how much more it would cost, and she said, 'It's nothing extra, we just appreciate you giving us the pleasure of hosting your 25th anniversary,
    and when you check in, it will show that you are spending your 25th anniversary with us''

She upgraded us to The Laurel Collection in the Octavius Tower. I've never stayed in anything fancy before. I think the nicest place we've stayed was at South Point LOL.
    i read that it has it's own check in too. What else should we expect? i'm worried we're going to come off like the Beverly Hillbillies!

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYY in the back.

Good - It's near the pool. It's near the buffet

Bad - It's quite a hike to get to your room from even the front valet.

However, you should enjoy the room.

3. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have a separate valet for laurel collection. Much easier.

Hopefully you have a fountain view room. It's their nicest tower.

4. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh, be positive people!

To the OP...

Fantastic tower, you will love it...And the extra hike wil help work off the extra caloric intake from the over abundance of booze and food ;)

Happy 25th!

5. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That valet on Flamingo is for 7 stars only.

6. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And they no longer have the separate check-in either but you will LOVE the room!

7. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're talking about the Flamingo Rd. valet, it's 7* only.

8. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars is a great property and the rooms in that tower are really nice. You'll love it, have a fantastic trip.

9. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in the Octavian Tower, it's very nice I think you'll like it. I like the Augustus Tower a bit better because it's a shorter walk to the Strip. Both Augustus and Octavius Towers are in the Laurel Collection.

10. justdeb

justdeb hey look!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    aw, thank you for all the info. Even if the valet was close, we don't use it. We like to walk, no matter how far. Now if the time could pass by faster!

11. CindyS

CindyS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Octavius Rooms are beautiful. So glad they upgraded you from the Forum tower. Octavius IS LUXURY. Have a great trip abd Happy Anniversary.

12. jintheuk

jintheuk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Octavius tower is great, try and get a room overlooking the fountains and high up, I booked a room there as a surprise for my wife and when she walked in to the room she burst in to tears, the room and the view were fab.
    forget all the doommongers if you get a room at the strip end of the tower like us, you can be on the strip in a couple of minutes.

we did use the seperate check in and valet which made it more special, seems these have gone now though

13. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you choose which tower you are in? Is one a fountain view room that you reserve and the other not? We were thinking about the Laurel for our next visit.

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booking online, they don;t give you a choice. They lump the two towers together under Laurel Collection. Both towers have a side that faces south towards the fountains. Augustus will have the better views on that side because it's closer to the strip.

The TR website does a funky thing when you're logged in, it will limit the room types it shows you, I assume based somehow on your rating.

So if I DON'T log in, it will show me every room type, and I can see that they do break out Strip view as a room type in the Laurel towers.

If I'm logged in, it doesn't show me the Strip view regardless of dates, and it doesn't show Laurel as an option at all if the date range includes a Friday or Saturday. I'm sure I could book that, but I'd have to call.

15. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip I stayed in the Octavius Tower on the North side. The view is of the pools...which are gorgeous. All views in this tower are great! Also, the fastest way to the Strip is to go out the valet entrance on Flamingo and scoot over to the elevator that takes you up to the pedestrian bridge over Flamingo into the Bellagio. Very fast and you skip all the weaving through the property. I generally never use valet but the hike you will take to self-park is your full daily exercise regimen.

16. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Octavius Tower is our favorite. We don't mind the walk, it's worth it for the nice rooms. They are the newest rooms too, which is a plus. Hope you have a fantastic trip and Happy Anniversary!

17. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive been in both and the extra walk to me is not worth it, i think the only size difference was octavious had more center bathroom space. the augustus rooms are just as nice...and they are not the newest rooms. its the newest tower, the newest rooms belong to the julious tower now and I believe they are supposed to be renovating the augustus now...

either way both towers are great, id personaly pic the augustus fountain view, just request your view at check in

18. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bad on the valet! Self park is opposite the colluseum and about a 5 to 10 min walk depending how fast you walk.

19. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are right about the Julious Tower being the newest, I thought the question was about the Laurel Collection, which is only between the Augustus and Octavius. We prefer the Octavius because it is the newest between Augusta and Octavius. The Augusta would definitely be closer to everything, but you could not go wrong with either choice. Both are great options!

20. jintheuk

jintheuk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have i got the towers the wrong way round.

I thought we stayed in the Octavius tower and we had a room right above the Valet which was closer to the strip than the Augustus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.