1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Finally got a host at cosmo!!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by h0und10, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 days at cosmo and i have been rated at 950 average bet for 8 hours (all blackjack)

I stayed on a small teaser offer in a basic city room, no view and west tower. we got everything comped off the back end like 300 dollars worth of food and resort fees..
    What should i expect next trip? Is he going to contact me or should I be bugging him?

2. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice-that's letting it rip, baby! I hope you ended up a winner.

3. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nope. lost en entire years salary in 2 days lol

4. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I just don't "get it", but I fail to see the math here. A $950 average bet, with a conservative 150 hands per hour at 8 hours of play is over $1.1 million in total play. I'm guessing that playing at that level, you're on a game with pretty good rules (S17, DAS, possibly even RSA) with a house edge in the neighbourhood of 1%. To receive $300 in comps is 2.63% of your theo. In fact, it's only about 1/3 of your average bet. Literally one winning hand at a $950 bet would triple what you got in comps.

Is this normal, or am I missing something?

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  5. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Well up front we got 2 nights in a basic room comped. then after gambling and charging random stuff to our room that is what we got comped off the back end. he cleaned up our entire bill ( resort fees, buffets, and lots of sandwiches at that ve benne place lol) i am sure if we kept charging more it would get comped as well but in 2 days how much can two skinny dudes eat?

My real question is how much up front comps should i expect for my next trip?

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes... he got EVERYTHING comped. What we are missing is how much would he have gotten comped if he had spent more on food, drink, etc?

7. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct. i did not spend that much so i will never know what I would have gotten comped off the back end.. BUT he did say next trip will be taken care of in the sense of a suite, more nights, club entries, dinner reservations etc.. so I guess I was looking at what I should expect for upfront comps next trip this summer. I don't want to leave too much on the table since I did last time lol

8. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hound, I would contact the host before your next trip. With that kind of average play, you should be in a wraparound suite next trip

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  9. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. It's not quite Shifter level play, but that is serious money for sure.

10. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I get it. He got everything comped as in 100% of what he actually consumed was comped... but that's on less than $1,000 worth of expenses. You're right that the big question is how far that could have gone. I just hope it will give the OP leverage to demand some heavier comps next time.

11. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Using MLIFE numbers (just as a reference point), that would have generated just under $4000 theo, so maxing out at 40% of theo for comps, you are looking at $1600 in comps at the absolute best. Definitely solid enough play that you would get a suite and some f&b, if that was just over 2 days next trip. You should get a nice offer in the future.

12. Neb

Neb Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're missing a few things:

1. RSA is somewhat common at lower stakes, too. (Maybe you meant LS?)
    2. House edge is roughly 0.5% with perfect play.
    3. Standard theo is calculated at 100 hph on a heads up table. Yes, it's possible to play much faster... or not, and they don't apply that much precision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.