1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report 8/25-8/28 Stardust

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by NY11, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NY11

NY11 Tourist

My Trip Report

Hello all!

Just returned to Vegas and am so sad to leave as usual :( It always goes so fast. We only stayed 3 nights this time so it seemed super fast. This was our 3rd trip to Vegas. I went with my husband. The last 2 times we stayed at the Flaming-O but they ticked me off last time so this time we stayed at the Stardust, not as great location but we actually enjoyed it. We are pretty frugal so it was nice to be close to the HO and Slots of Fun for cheap gambling and drinks.

We actually LOVED the Stardust. We reserved a West Tower room and upon check in we asked for a high strip view room. They said it wasnt ready but if we waited an hour, it would be. We were fine with that as we were hungry anyway! We ran over to the HO and at their cafe. DH had the all you can eat pasta bar for $6.95 and I had the steak dinner for $9.95. Wasn't bad, but nothing to write home about. Got back and our room was ready! We were on the 28th floor and had a great view of the strip! Got unpacked and went to the Rivera for some gambling. DH lost $35 on blackjack, I won $10 on nickel slots. Went back and fell asleep pretty early.

Friday morning--went to Peppermill for breakfast. DH had Mexican omlet, I just had a english muffin and hashbrowns. It was good but I guess with all the hype from this board, I thought it would be better. After breakfast, DH went back to Stardust and played Pai Gow Poker all afternoon while I shopped at Fashion Show Mall. very nice and big mall! We then decided to use the CAT and go down to Mandaly Bay. Waited 45 minutes and 3 buses went by that were already full. That was frustrating. So we got a cab instead. $15 but was worth not waiting for a bus. Traffic is just awful in Vegas! Went to Mandaly Bay, ate at the Burger Bar. Was pretty good..probably the best meal we had. Went to Luxor, Excalibur and down the strip to Bellagio fountain show and then took the bus...this time was much better..and went to the Stratosphere . Went to the observation tower, it was awesome! Loved the view. Went back to the room and to bed.

Sat--got up and went to the Stardust Buffet for breakfast. I read on here how bad it was, but we had 2 free buffet tickets and thought they couldnt screw up breakfast. it wasnt bad, but some of the food was cold. We went back and rested and went to the pool. Nothing compared to the Flaming-O but at least you could swim in the water. it was warm and not ice cold like the Flaming-O's pool. Went back to the HO and did some more cheap gambling and 99 cent margaritas. Then went to the Rick Thomas show at 4:00. It was actually pretty good. Not bad for cheap and afternoon show. We then went to check out the Wynn Las Vegas. Very nice but I thought it looked like the Bellagio. Ate at the Stardust cafe for supper. Was ok...

Sunday...bright and early...back to McCarren..ugh

To sum it up....Airport shuttles were fine for us, CAT sucked...were packed, hot and too long to wait for a bus. LOVED the Stardust, will stay there again if its still there. Didnt like most of the places we ate except Mandaly Bay Burger Bar. DH came home $30 ahead, i broke even. Allegiant Air was fine. nice to have non stop from Des Moines.
    Next time..want to see Rio and Palms and eat at the In N Out burger.

Good Luck to all of those going soon! :)

Cathy

2. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You didn't lose any money. That's a good thing. :)
    You didn't eat the Ho dog. That's a good thing. :vomit:
    3 nights does go too fast. :cry:

3. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the report Cathy. Glad to hear you had a good trip!

4. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you enjoyed the Stardust. Probably not much longer for it...

5. writes4me

writes4me Tourist

great post

good post. isn't it funny how quick time goes when you are in Begas. I think the time is a time vortec. also, it takes so many times to see even most of the hotels and as soon as you think you've seen it all they tear it down and there you go again. :thumbsup:

6. NY11

NY11 Tourist

Yes but my husband did and he wont do that again! Spent alot of time in the bathroom before he got on the plane!

Cathy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.