1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vital Vegas has Started a Podcast!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Blonde_4_ever, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice - glad to hear this

3. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed the first episode (which he doesn't seem to have mentioned on his own blog) other than the sound being too quiet, which I mentioned to Scott on the Twitter.

If he can come up with amusing rumours like the Wynn/Fountaine Bleu one each episode then it'll be a must listen.

Easter 2024
  4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting this!

5. Blonde_4_ever

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I glad is wasn't just me. I also mentioned to him that he needs to up the volume.
    I thought maybe I was just deaf...:eek:

6. danielao

danielao Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, couldn't hear it much.

And I can't think of him as anything other than Drunk Scott or Shill Scott.

7. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for pointing this out. Scott's a good writer. I think I'm about done with the VT podcast, and this can replace it. (I finally made my way through the six hours of VT Trippies discussion which had interesting bits of analysis surrounded by tons of inside jokes and other assorted unfunny bits. Plus, they again brought up the fact that Scott's girlfriend is/was an SLS employee, which they see as some terrible conflict of interest when VT itself is clearly joined at the hip with the ownership of the D!)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, I thought I was the only one who thought VT and Five Hundy were waaayy too chumy with The D. I never got an answer to my question either if Derek gives them the meeting space for free or do they have to pay for use of The D showroom and facilities.

9. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I remember that long thread both here and at VT's site. I don't feel the need to re-litigate all of that. I like the information and analysis at VT--room reviews, thoughtful discussions of trends in LV, down to the granular level like room design and carpet. (And I really like Dr. Dave Schwartz's contributions, when he's allowed to make them, on the Vegas Gang podcast.) And I enjoy the Five Hundy podcast, as well. I appreciate them all as fellow Vegas hobbyists.

I could live with the VTers chumminess with the D, if they didn't at the same time feel the need to slam Scott Roeben (again in the last Trippies podcast!). Although he claims it is not personal, I think it might be as simple/juvenile as VT's "Chuck Monster" being upset with a snarky tweet by Scott's girlfriend at VIMPF 2013. I'm also never going to be able to go to VIMPF (unless they move it to the summer) so the constant references to past and future iterations of that event makes their podcast seem more for "insiders."

Anyway, I am looking forward to the VV podcast.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  11. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have absolutely ZERO interest in going to VIMFP or ZZZ. It seems alot like a 'Hey look at us, were celebrities ' kind of event, where they like to parade themselves in front of their fan base. Don't get me wrong the community aspect is cool and they did have some funny participation events., but its not like it is really focused around the blog community or Vegas enthusiasts. They really could take a page from Lebowskifest or Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival and make it less about the editors and more about the online community.

I will probably grab it and listen to VV this weekend. Chuck feels the need to podcast everything and frankly I find the VG and VT podcast boring as crap. I stopped listening. Seriously, just because you have the ability to podcast does not mean you should. Its a lot like bad high school radio station shtick. They really should focus their efforts on VT site content which most of the time is pretty awesome, or at least waaay edit down their podcast. That thing could easily be 20 mins long.

I like Five Hundy as well, but even it's getting a little long in the tooth. I FF thru about 40% and completely skip the caller section with these people who drone on. Hopefully Scott's pod casting format will reflect his writing style and stay concise and witty.

12. Blonde_4_ever

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.