1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

More hacking reported

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Read in paper today hacking reported at Golden Nugget AC and Landry restaurants Rain forest Cafe on boardwalk and Vic and Anthonys in GN. I also saw on tv something about MC Cormick and Schmicks.
    I'd like to hack off their little fingers so they cant do this so easy.

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kind of hacking? Credit card?

3. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never really worry about credit card hacking, because the cards can always be frozen and replaced and I'm never liable for the fraud. Chip and pin cards should take care of the problem for good pretty soon.

4. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe so.

5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    here is a link to the article. http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/business/hackers-accessed-customer-data-at-golden-nugget-a-c-rainforest/article_618863da-ca21-11e5-b111-b78cc3aa6110.html

Hackers accessed card information from May 2014 to December 2015.

I visited the GN a couple times last year and my credit card was compromised when someone made two purchases at a Victoria's secret in Florida. Wasn't even my size. Not sure if it had anything to do with my GN visit or not.

Got a new card in a couple of days, but its a major pain in the a$$ to re-enter the new credit card information on several sites I frequent. For example, my PA Turnpike EZ Pass account had my old credit card number and I received a violation notice from the NJ Turnpike and another agency in NY State. I had to call and pay for uncollected tolls because my EZ pass account had no funds. So, while I don't worry about being liable for fraud, I can only wish that the hacker turd would catch crabs at a whorehouse and break both arms.

6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mostly right, but chip and pin has little effect because those cards can still be used over the internet. Canada has chip and pin cards, and I've still had a credit card used for $1000 in uber rides ...

But still, zero liability, so its just a PITA.

7. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, I always get nervous approaching gated ezpass exits hoping my transponder works! Reverse karma.

8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for what its worth the gates on the Philly bridges work without having funds in the EZ pass account or my transponder on board. I just drive through and a camera scans my tag which is registered to my account. The arm went right up. Last year I spent about $100 per month on tolls. :grrr

9. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lived most of my life on the "free section" of the Parkway which is the stretch between the Union Tolls and the Driscoll bridge. Now I get on my local entrance and I pay a toll going north at the entrance or pay a toll a few miles south. I know a lot of side roads to beat some of the tolls ,but for instance if I go 20 miles north ,turn around and come back on the Parkway it costs me 3 bucks.

10. Franken Dean

Franken Dean Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my world of fraud prevention the big hacks are not being announced. These big hacks involving bank server, are not announced due the risk of stocks plummetting. Having said thiis. If you are a bank account holder Wells Fargo, USAA, or Navy Federal, you need to immediately change your online banking password. These millions of account holders lost their onlne login info. These hacks were in 2015, and the breach gets fixed. The bad guys cannot just steal from millions of people via bogus bill pay transactions in one year. They have to pick and choose 1000 accts per month. They do not care about acct numbers as much as logging into your acct and setting up bill payments to hidden payees (them or their credit card debts).

This online crime is much sneakier than getting a debit card number. By simply changing your online login password you eliminate your bank accounts being hit this month and or in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.