1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA Refunds

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by shawnj1, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawnj1

shawnj1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking at moving my trip from March to early April. However I have already booked a flight at the wanna get away rate? Is it possible cancel and get credit that I can use towards the rate in April?

2. txaggie08

txaggie08 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You shouldn't have to cancel it completely. Their site should give you the option to change your flight and just pay/refund the difference in fares.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the big plus factors with SWA. Do not want to travel.. no problem. They just use that money on a future flight. Easy stuff. Cancel and book later, or do the change thing. Works out the same way.

4. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agree with others. NO CHANGE FEES!!

It's much easier to use the "change" option opposed to the 'cancel' option, but either will get you to the same end result.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do not cancel especially if you book Early Boarding. Just rebook/change the current flight

6. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember that you have to rebook within one year of the earlier flight or the funds may expire at Southwest.

7. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The actual changed flight needs to be one year from date of the original purchase (if you purchase on Feb 1, you have to fly by next Feb 1, not just make a new reservation). I once lost about $150 credit because I thought I just needed to commit those funds to a new ticket.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  8. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also just to add to this, if you want to retain your Fee for Early Boarding and move it to the Rebooked flight, you will need to Rebook before 24 hours of your flight. I guess if they issue the boarding pass the fee is gone.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you wait until less than 24 hours, then everyone else has already called in and gotten their boarding numbers. Early boarding would therefore be of no use.

10. Hndful1

Hndful1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if SW will refund the difference if a "wanna get away" fare that you've already purchased drops in price?

11. 5Vegas5

5Vegas5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if SW will refund the difference if a "wanna get away" fare that you've already purchased drops in price?

They refund the difference as a credit for a future flight. Just click change flight and pick the leg that has gone down and follow instructions. At the end of the process it will show you your credit for future flights.

12. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just make sure to keep track of your confirmation number(s) - you will need confirmation number(s) when you apply those funds/credits on your next reservation. They are good for one year from purchase, I believe.

13. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup one year from the original date of purchase. If you book on Jan 15 and rebook at a lower price on March 15 you have one year from Jan. 15 to use the credit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.