1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo checks guests in without fully checking rooms?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Paragon716, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paragon716

Paragon716 Tourist

I accidentally left clothes in the room but they can't go in to retrieve it because a guest has checked into the room already.

Aren't they supposed to fully check the rooms before allowing new guests in?

I know it's my bad for forgetting some things but they're in this business. Speechless, and I still haven't gotten confirmation that my stuff is in the top dresser drawer right now.

2. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at a Flamingo too about a year ago and when I got into my room, I found 1 dirty sock inside the closet. I called the front desk and they actually had someone come up to bring me keys to a new room on the same floor. I suppose they just clean the room - bathrooms and beds and tidy up the place but no full inspection, unless you leave your items out in the open. I guess that happens when the cleaners do it to hundreds of rooms a day and just go through the motions.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you check their lost and found? If they did clean the room and find anything of value, they would have most likely turned it into lost and found. I would check there and, if it's not there, ask to speak to the hotel manager and explain the situation.

And they can miss some things. I found a completely wrapped piece of cake at NYNY on top of the armoire...

4. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    stuff like this happens a lot, last year caesars palace gave me room keys to an already occupied room

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check into enough hotel rooms in your life and you'll see most everything, eventually.

6. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing happened to me years ago at the Riviera. I check in, went to the room and a couple was still there.
    So, it is not unusual.

7. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip we walked in on a couple having a special time.:eek: Hopefully it never happens again! Word of advice...use that little chain lock that's on the door. :)

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they should check and clean thoroughly.

But, just put yourself in their shoes for a day. $hit happens.

9. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We once has a giant inflatible penis in our room at Encore when we checked in. The room was decorated for a Bachelorette party and hadn't been cleaned. We were moved to another room but not gefore I took pictures :)

10. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be surprised if they did a full inspection of each and every room before releasing it for check-in. There are way too many drawers, cabinets, and shelves in your average Vegas hotel room for them to do a comprehensive check.

11. Publius

Publius Living the Dream

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That had to be awkward. Imagine the reaction of the people you walked in on. :evillaugh

FlightSimExpo 2024
  12. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Palm Springs, Agua Caliente checked me into a room, which was all around dirty. Cigarette butts on the ashtrays, beds were mess, towels on the floor etc. Frustrated of course, I called the registration desk. They upgraded me to a huge suite right away. They were very apologetic, and definitely did more than what I expected, kudos to any establishment with a make-customer-happy attitude.

13. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Frozen Tundra. Desert dream died with him.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    We checked into Flamingo NYE night. Open fridge to put in beverages and there was a half eaten cup of ice cream and 2 Caesar labeled waters. Made me realize how I am sure they did not clean it. The rest of the room seemed fine. We just shot it all away and didn't say anything. We were just glad to get into our room at a decent time NYE. I bet the fridges are often over looked.

14. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of years ago we were staying at Planet Hollywood and for some reason we changed rooms before the first night. Later that night my wife noticed that she left her phone charger in the first room. The front desk sent us to lost and found but since someone else has already checked into that room the had to wait until they checked out before they could retrieve it. They were very helpful in digging through the items turned in trying to find a charger for my wife's phone that she could use until they could retrieve hers. We had no luck finding a charger that would work with her phone but the next day while checking at lost and found to see if it had been turned in security arrived with a backpack that had been left in our first room. As the lady was going through it to inventory the contents my wife saw her phone charger and remarked that looks like my charger. The lady plugged it in and hooked it to my wife's phone and it began charging. Now the day before we must have tried 20 different chargers from the lost and found bin that wouldn't work so when this one worked the lady said take it.
    If you ever forget your phone charger just stop by lost and found and they will most likely have one you can borrow.

Mark

15. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why do people not use their door locks.

Meanwhile - where is the video?

16. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago at PH on a solo trip I went to my room after check-in and there was a lady using the toilet with the bathroom door wide open. Went down to the desk to change rooms. The guy working the desk asked if it was the maid. Told him I didn't stick around long enough to find out.

17. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha Ha! Apparently I backed out of the room white as a sheet. My friends were practically rolling in the hallway laughing. This year, I'm the last one through the door. :eek:

18. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

Exactly. It's funny that we all expect perfection from the everyday workers out there, when most of us probably slack off at our own jobs. I have no illusions of my room being "spotless" when I open the door. I've seen the news clips where the maid just rinses the drinking glass, etc. I understand that I am not getting a fresh bedspread, and often wonder if my sheets are even clean. I will often find a suspect hair or two in the shower.

I just bite my lip and trundle along!

19. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of the problems are because the people in charge update the room information on the computer too quickly. I had a similar problem at the El Cortez, the supervisor released the room (so it can be used for check in) but they didn't even start to clean the room yet. Got there and the maid said that I had to wait an hour because they didn't clean and prep the room yet. I went back down to the front desk but they said that all the other rooms weren't available yet so I had to bide my time until they had the room available for me. I couldn't grumble, it was one of the suites in the vintage areas so I gladly waited that extra hour for a larger and nicer room.

I spoke with the sup at the EC that time, it seems that she had a clipboard for the whole floor listing which rooms should be free (guests should have checked out) so at 12 the sup started knocking on doors to make sure that the guests checked out and then she opened the door so the maids knew those rooms had to be cleaned.

While the maids clean the room (bathrooms, change linens, possibly vacuum the floor) they may or may not inspect the rest of the room and it is doubtful that they open the drawers to make sure it was cleaned out. also doubtful they clean the fridge, I found some gunk on the bottom of the fridge once before.

20. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago my wife left some pool cloths in a room at the Wynn. We changed to another tower. When she called down she was told they throw stuff like that out. Luckily there was nothing in the pockets, but is was still surprised.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.