1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET room comps everywhere except PHO?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Sam in Ut, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is strange so possibly you CET experts can help. I'm a low level Platinum that gets pretty good room offers throughout the year so when I made plans for 2016 I look at the rate calendar for the month of July almost all CET rooms are comped for the month with the exception of Caesars on the weekends and.....( here's the strange part) Planet Hollywood with absolutely no comps and the room rates were quite high ($215 for a weeknight). As a matter of fact there are no comps for the whole year for PHO where most other hotels post comps quite generously. Think this may be a computer glitch?

I did book Caesars (Sun - Thur) so I'm not complaining but I would like to stay at the PHO sometime this year.

2. robchimo

robchimo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had this happen before too, a day or two later, the rates are back to normal.

3. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes if you switch rooms you will find availability. On my computer the PHO default room is somehow a suite. But when I switch to a standard room I find the "comp" rate.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes weird stuff like that happens. It could means they are planning renos and could have reduced room inventory, or they are holding rooms for various rates. A few months ago PH looked flat out bizarre in Dec and Jan, only to return to normal by November.

5. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This happens all the time for Planet Hollywood.
    Despite what the calendar says select the dates you want then move to the next page (Where you start verifying the information but have not confirmed)
    Likely the rooms will now be listed as a cost of $0. (if that is what you are used to)

It is a glitch that I am pretty sure they are aware of

6. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I Imagine there is a rhyme and reason to CET rates, but I sure haven't figured it out!

7. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    oo

having previous experience

Rolling the CET Room selector.

PH is one of their "Hot properties", in demand

*IF they give you a OMG Great offer, take it Immediately as a lot of times they will display
    teaser rates,(Just like the Airlines do) only to --Vanish-- when you go back to book 2 hours later or the next day.
    (you can always cancel at a later time)

8. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Second that! If you see a really good rate- grab it! Until they start charging to cancel!

9. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had the same experience; never see free rooms for Caesars or PH. Very strange, because I have my credit line at PH and use it every time I go to Vegas.

10. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are renovating all of the rooms so they could have a couple of floors blocked off that they aren't making available.

11. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Related............. Wife finally got her medical clearance for the next three months - Yee Haa! Time to plan a trip.... so I went to look at rooms and in my case, it looks like almost all of my calendar room freebies are gone, save for the Rio and a few others scattered here and there. I regularly keep a pretty good eye on the calendar, and in late December we had comped rooms all over the place through May or so...even including a few nights at Caesars. Have always had Bally's, always had Harrah's, Flamingo, and the Linq. Looking today, I have not a single night at Bally's, PH or Paris all the way through April, maybe 6-8 days scattered for Harrah's, Flamingo. Maybe 10-15 at the Linq. Hmmmmmmmmmm....Hope this isn't a long term trend.....maybe they found out we secretly snuck up to Atlantic City over the holidays...

12. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for this tip for I had no idea the price possibly will go back down to zero (yes that is what I'm use to) I was not aware this is commonplace for CET especially if they know about this situation. Thanks again Guy!

13. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rooms I booked in AC for May as comp are now $107 a night. Again, if you see a good rate, grab it- you can always cancel, but may never get that rate again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.