1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Best options for free play ??

Discussion in 'Slots' started by Kryten2x4b, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kryten2x4b

Kryten2x4b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are coming to Vegas in a couple of weeks and have $250 freeplay , I am torn between a higher denomination machine $5 or $10 with the hope of a good hit or playing $1 slots as we usually do with the hope of making a decent amount of real money .

How does everyone else play their freeplay ?

2. Mikey07

Mikey07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally I'd chuck it all through a $10 Top Dollar and hope for a good win, however you're more likely to come away with something if you run it through a $1 slot.

3. Bondy3

Bondy3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally I would try to put it through a $25 Jacks or Better VP machine, and hope to hit something with those 2 spins

4. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $5 reel slot

5. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That!

6. CindyS

CindyS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go to the higher denom machines. 5 or 10, I think the hold is less.

7. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen a lot of Posts on jackpots won on freeplay.

/freedom of choice!

8. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd either take a swing on $5+ slots, or if you want to get as much cash as possible, I'd do $1 VP. I wouldn't ever use freeplay on a $1 slot if my objective was to convert it to as much cash as possible. IMO you either take a swing at a big hit on a higher denom, or just use VP to cycle it for cash.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Treat it EXACTLY as if it was $250 cash. After all, it plays just like cash. You will win or lose just like cash. Play what you like to play, and normally play. It is just a little extra bankroll.

If you like $1 3 reel, then do that. If you like $5 Top Dollar, then do that. If you like penny machines, then do that.

10. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would look at it relative to your bankroll. If you're a quarter video poker player with a decent runs on jacks or bonus poker you could easily get close to 1:1. Though it is nice if you're not a normal high limit slot player to settle into the lounge. Get a drink and slow play a higher denom machine.

11. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think OP was looking for something to do with the FP that he/she wouldn't normally do with their BR. Obviously everyone knows that it plays the same as $250 cash. So if you had an extra $250 added to your bankroll, would you just play like normal or take the extra money and try something different? That's why there are so many posts on here about what to do with FP (or an extra $XXX in their BR). People like to do something different and take a shot on something they normally wouldn't play when they have "extra" money. Thus the whole reason for these threads.

12. Kryten2x4b

Kryten2x4b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies , we usually have around $400 a day to gamble with so $250 is a decent chunk of our daily budget . We usually play slots $1, 25c and penny and like wheel of fortune however I think we cant play that one as the FP is limited to non progressive machines . One thing is for sure , whatever decision is made then Mrs F will probably overrule it when we get there !!

13. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See for me if it is a decent chunk of my budget like it is yours, I would use it on things I normally play, unless I saved it for the last day to try and hit a HR or catch up. That way it would extend your play normally.

But if I were to play above my level I'd do a max bet two coin $5 machine or $2 VP.

14. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, it depends on how you look at the $250.

If you've figured it in as part of your bankroll, then play it as you would your "regular" play.

If you (like me), treat it as "extra" money, then play something you'd never played before, like $5 or $10 machines.

On one of my next trips I'm getting $1000 or $1500 in FP, and I definitely plan on putting $2 or $300 through a $25 slot machine.

15. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say do what you think you have always wished to do. Other than the group style games, or trying out a new game I really don't play the penny slots - too much going on. Last trip I used some of the FP on the pennies - jumping jalapenos & the 3-d sphinx which reaffirmed that I don't like them. You may hate the 3 reel machines or VP- go try it for free.

When we Were Young
  16. Raptor

Raptor High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the idea of using it in a $5 reel machine.

17. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, this is what I do.

If it is free play I will hit a high denom slot. If it is promo chips then I will stick them on the pass line. I get $400 promo in March at Mirage and that entire stack is going on the pass

18. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use it exactly like I use my normal money.

19. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Color me the same as the ones who say play a $5 slot. My choice would be Pinball playing one credit- two credits-repeat.

20. 5Vegas5

5Vegas5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I consider it extra money outside my bankroll. I normally play $1and $5 slots but on my upcoming trip I'm going to play a little higher demons and a little more structured with the free play instead of just randomly picking machines.

Cleo II - $40 20 Spins
    Pink Diamonds - $75 15 Spins
    DDB - $25 48 Spins

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.