1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Britney Spears?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Sam in Ut, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking for something new for this summer's trip to see. I've noticed many have reported Britney''s show with positive comments with a smattering of some negatives. To start another poll.. sorry... what's your thoughts for Britney's show at the PHO? PS...I really don't care if she lipsyncs especially if the dancing is good. Thanks!

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not seen it, but a couple friends have. I would say that if you don't mind lip synching and are a fan of Britney or that style of music, then you will enjoy the show. My friends are Britney fans and loved it. Saw their videos and the stage production was very good. But I don't like that kind of music, so its not for me. If you're into that kind of music, it looks like a fun show. Hope that helps

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen it. My wife has gone twice. Most recently at end of Dec. She loved the show. She said it was way better sitting closer. They all said it was a good production with good dancing.

4. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took my wife for her birthday last November. My wife absolutely loved the show. I'm not a Britney fan, and I have to admit it was a good show. The show is much more than the music (in fact the music is -literally and figuratively - just the soundtrack to the show), so even if you don't like the music its an entertaining watch. I will say I've seen shows in Vegas, even those based around music I like, that are much, much worse.

A lot of people criticize her for lyp-synching. But I have to say that after you see the show you'll see why. Nobody can sing through the stuff she does in terms of dancing and theatrics. At the same time, she definitely sings a couple songs live, and its pretty obvious when she does. :)

5. dante25

dante25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw it last October and
    it is really good. I will be out in Vegas in 2 weeks and have tickets to J lo on her opening weekend that i am looking forward too as well

6. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm mid-50s and no fan of Brittany, but was dragged to it because it was one of my daughter's "dreams" to see her. I ended up really enjoying the show! Great production, sets, and dancing. I'd say if you think you might like it, you'll probably love it. Here are a couple of pics from the show. Be prepared to stand most of the show, we got seats in the first row of the second section which worked out well as there was no one standing right in front of us, but it was back from the stage a bit.

thumb_IMG_1125_1024.jpg thumb_IMG_1141_1024.jpg

7. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved it and want to see it again.

Sema Show
  9. chantellevegas

chantellevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw it last year. I like Britney and know she's manufactured but her talent is in her dancing, my expectations were really low because I know she's autotuned but I really enjoyed it. Her music is contagious and the sets were awesome. She's still a good dancer and is in amazing shape after all she's been through. If you grew up listening to her and know the tunes, you will enjoy it, just don't expect much audience involvement or live singing.

10. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't call Britney herself good. She's basically a robot, going through the motions... And you can tell. They've built a huge show around her to take away from that fact.

If you're fine paying for the whole 'experience,' I say go for it (and have a few cocktails before and during). Otherwise, you're not going to see old-school Brit. Her dancing is sloppy and not confident. She doesn't always look entirely comfortable up there.

FYI: I've seen the show 5 times. Always comped out, house seats.

11. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to see her last year. We are not Britney fans, at all, but decided to see it anyway. We both really enjoyed the show.

12. GoGrizz

GoGrizz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I saw her last October; I'd have to say it was a good show. We had the general admission tickets right in front of the stage. It was neat to see her up close, but it was too cramped for my style.

13. Proud Mary

Proud Mary Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Roo and I are going to see Britney on Feb. 26

14. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the show a few years ago and it was good. Apparently they are doing a whole refresh launching in February. My only suggestion would be to spend the money on good seats. I was near the back and because there are no screens (probably because of her lip syncing), it was hard to see much

15. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find that an odd comment. A huge part of the wall surrounding the stage was covered in video when I saw it. I have photos somewhere.

It's not been going that long yet. A few years?

16. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I meant like video of her, like a camera showing her live, because that didn't exist when I saw it, which was in April 2014

17. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm young enough to remember her music, but old enough that I don't want to stand up and dance during the show :) Will I be able to enjoy the show from my seat further back in the crowd, or are most folks standing up the entire time?

18. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved this show- it was the perfect energy for a Las Vegas trip! I'd see it again!

I don't recall standing the entire time, but for certain there were parts. I'd suggest if you can, try and get seats at the end/start of an aisle- even if people are standing you can usually still get decent views!

19. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My ex GF is a huge fan and she loved the show. I have to admit I enjoyed it as well. As VC said the vibe is great for Vegas, the stage is done right and she has a charisma and is a performer.

20. eniwouw

eniwouw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've been there past feb. loved it, had really a good time there. Me and my boyfriend!
    The only thing that bothered us , was that the whole show was a lipsync. But if you dont mind, i would say go for it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.