1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

V/P Comp nights

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Gopherguy25, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gopherguy25

Gopherguy25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking of taking two trips between March and the end of the summer. I've never played at V/P much but I know my friends like to stay there. On my first trip I would like to give them some play to make it cheaper on the second trip if we stay there. I'm predominantly mlife and get a couple nights comped at Mirage. Anybody have any experience of how much $25-50 BJ I would need to play to get a 3-night teaser offer for late summer?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am guessing you could just pay for the room for friends at less cost than the play. Just sayin.

If your friends like to stay there, why don't THEY get comp or discounted rooms?

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Club Grazie is pretty tight on comps. You might get a teaser at $25 to $50 a hand but from what I've seen it wouldn't get much. All I ever get is "25% off our best rate".

4. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's hard to say because my blackjack play there is minimal

I'm mainly a craps player and I get 3-4 comped nights, a small amount of free play and a small amount of food credit with an average bet around $175 per roll. that was my rating two trips ago and my last trip was a tad bit higher because I win early and upped my bets.

What got me on their radar early on was about $100 per roll average.

5. Gopherguy25

Gopherguy25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the insight. The friends don't gamble much and just like to stay there and are willing to pay full price. Its hard for me to swallow paying full price when there is a free bed across the street. But it would be nice to stay in the same place.

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can always see the hosts prior to check out and see if they'll apply comps on the back end

They may not wipe the entire bill but it could end up being discounted for you. And then you'll be on their radar for future comps because of your stay and play.

7. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is tough, because Grazie is fairly opaque with things to begin with, and its worse for table players. We get good comps there, but its more from my wife's slot play than my table play (and when I say "good" I mean good enough to keep us coming back there almost exclusively - we would get better elsewhere on the strip).

As with any program these days, the fastest way to get on the radar is to run some $$ through the slot machines. But if that's not your style, just play what you're comfortable and see what happens. But if you definitely need comp nights, 25/50 BJ is not the way to get it with Grazie.

Taking the wife to a work conference
  8. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since they normally want 4 hours a day of $100-$150 (and up) for a comped room ....honestly unless you plan on not sleeping much at all I don't think that there are enough hours in a day to generate that same free room from $25-$50 bets

9. ademarco6

ademarco6 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play the $50 3:2 ddbj and sometimes up it to $100 a hand of doing good. I get 3 night offers and $75 free play. They did give me a free princess cruise and dinner at Wolfgang pucks restaurant one time, but that was when I was losing. Not as much good offers when you are doing good. I went on a run last time and some host came to the table, introduced themselves, gave me a card and said everything I charged to the room was comped.

10. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is a slot player and I'm primarily video poker. The entire system is theo based, seems like you get about 30% of theo in comps. Combined, we generally do about $500-$750 theo per day and get three night offers with about $100 each freeplay. We usually get about $100 knocked off room charges on the back end. I think they value the rooms at about $150-$175 for comp purposes. They definitely value slot play over anything else. YMMV.

For what it's worth, V/P is a beautiful resort. The rooms are so much nicer than the average strip room, if you catch them when they're down around $150/nt, it would be worth paying full freight for a couple of nights...that's only a couple of hands!

11. Chobopuffs

Chobopuffs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going to stay and gamble there, I suggest before you leave go talk to a Host on duty see if they can take anything off. I mainly play slots and roulette, but from what I heard they want $200 / hand for 4-hours a day for just a comp room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.