1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Guns N Roses At Las Vegas Arena?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by RealSolGlow, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While we await the word that GnR will reunite and play the Las Vegas Arena (OK T-Mobile Arena) I can't help but wonder how many are considering this as a trip to see Axl, Slash, Duff and who knows what other original members might take the stage for the show in Vegas.

I suspect prices will be ridiculous but luckily I am invited to presales through MLife for all of their properties so I am hoping to score some pre-sale tix. I also have a comp'd room at the MGM given by a host that I am saving for when they finally announce the show itself.

Anybody else looking forward to this considering its GnR and the new Vegas Arena?

2. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it really a show worht travelling to?

I love GNR seen them 4 times but this new line up will tour the country and probably play close to you (unless you live in the middle of nowhere ) :)

3. firemanpete3

firemanpete3 Low-Roller

I'll catch them if they are in the Midwest. Probably consider seeing them in Vegas too if the dates work for me.

4. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will go. For sure. Price be damned.

5. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Supposed to play at coachella who knows if they will all get along for that long of a time to play it. Lol

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considering they are asking for $3 million before even walking in the door, I doubt there will be much of a "tour."

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was lucky enough to see them kick off their Use Your Illusion tour in 1991 (2 shows at Alpine Valley). That was a GREAT time. I also saw them open for Aerosmith at the same place 3 or 4 years earlier. I'll go see them again as often as I can. It's still in flux as to how many of the originals will actually be touring but as long as Axl and Slash are there I'm good. I've also heard that a full blown tour may not happen until 2017 but I'm hoping they play a lot of dates this year.

8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We probably would see them at the T-Mobile arena if it works with our schedule. We saw Slash (& Myles Kennedy) on NYE - it was an awesome concert! Slash is amazing.

9. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wil plan a trip around a show in LV if they have one. If they actually tour, I will go to multiple shows.

10. danielao

danielao Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Axl's voice is way too brutal for me to consider going to see him live.

11. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Axl's GNR tribute band at the Hard Rock on Halloween 2012. At times he sounded like the same guy we heard back in the day. Other songs he struggles with. I couldn't figure out why he wasn't more consistent.

His tribute show features more costume changes than Cher. And every time he'd disappear the band would play a cover song. It was a long show, but longer than it needed to be. More is not always better. It will be interesting to read what a GNR reunion show is like.

If you're interested, the guitarist of Axl's pre-GNR band just died, and this web page has youtube clips of the music from the early 80s.
    http://metalsludge.tv/rip-axl-roses-ex-guitarist-rapidfires-kevin-lawrence-dead-at-51/

12. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won't see them. I always liked them and saw them in 1992. It was a pretty good show. By then I, was much more interested in grunge.

Actually, had beer with Duff the night before. We were downin Blacksburg, Va and I was with my girlfriend's friends at a bar. He was hitting on this Brazilian girl at our table who had no clue who he was. She wasn't interested in him but he was a nice guy.

13. DCSeawolf

DCSeawolf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm MLIFE Plat, but have not seen anything about a presale password. Did I miss something?

14. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. Jask551

Jask551 Newbie

GNR presale

Do you know for sure if the presale will be opened up to MLife? I am Platinum and have never really used the Benny's. Would be interesting to know when they would open it up. Thanks!!

16. Jask551

Jask551 Newbie

Let me know if you hear something. Time to put this PLAT to work. Thanks!

17. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also get presale offers as well and would have to assume there will be a presale as there is for every other event. Probably watch the e-mail box on Wednesday/Thursday for our offers.

18. VegasBaby!

VegasBaby! Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with danielao, Axl's voice is pretty brutal. Might still be one hell of a show, though.

19. firemanpete3

firemanpete3 Low-Roller

Already working on work trades for April 8th to head out. Citi card pre-sale tomorrow I saw.

20. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when i saw him on halloween 2012 his voice was great on some songs, rough on others, and i couldn't figure out why he was so inconsistent from start to finish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.