1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLIfe Winter vs. Property Specific

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Top Dog, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top Dog

Top Dog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a property specific offer from Aria booked and see that my MLife Winter offer gives me the same main list of benefits (nights, resort credit, freeplay). Is there any advantage to booking one over the other?

I noticed that the Aria offer says the resort fee will be added, while the MLife says may be added- perhaps this is one thing worth checking into. Also, I see the Aria offer says special rates for additional nights, while the MLife does not. Anything else worth noting? Am I more likely to be offered an upgrade with the property specific? I had it booked but had to push it back and was offered one quickly the first time around, but that may have just been a coincidence. I will call to sort it all out but just want to be prepared.

2. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received a winter offer and it was for free nights, resort credit, etc for all the MLife hotels. When I looked at booking online, the resort fees were charged automatically to the reservation. There was no "may" about it. I called MB marketing and they agreed to remove the resort fees for the comped nights. I didn't book it but sent the offer to my host who booked on my behalf. He also comped me for the last two nights. I had been getting crappy offers from my host and Mlife and was thinking about a change. However, once it was all cobbled together, it was a good offer so we are staying back at MB again. Plus, it makes the wife happy.

Upgrades are a crap shoot. I have had success because I have stayed at the same hotel, my host always tries to get me upgraded from my base suite and tend to be there at non-busy times.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the offers are exactly the same, I can't think of a reason to book one instead of the other.

Theoretically, if you book a Corporate offer, then the property you stay at doesn't really care where you play, whereas on a property offer, they want you to play at that property, that's why most people find the property offers are better, it's an inducement to get you to play mostly there.

But since you already have a tie to Aria (presumably you played there before and that's why you got the property-specific offer), then if you book the property-specific offer and then spread your play around, it might affect your next Aria offer. It's really hard to tell.

Resort Fee, dunno, it's hit or miss.

Upgrade potential, I don't think it would make a difference which offer you booked. People pretty much don't get free upgrades on comp stays at Mlife, I don't think. Happens more frequently at CET if you're Diamond.

4. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been pretty successful at getting free upgrades to lower end suites from a regular room comp (at lower MGM properties). Remember that with mLife, you must play enough to cover the value of the room comp - so if you are upgraded to a suite, then you are responsible for that new value (ex. weekday comp room = $70, suite = $100). Once your gambling has covered that new extra suite cost, then other comps may be given (ie. resort fees/meals and other charges to the room).

5. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that once you book the corporate offer at one property you can not book that same offer at another property. Where if you use the aria offer, the corporate offer will still be available of you get a chance for another trip. Of course, depending on your level of play, that may not matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.