1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Balcony with "wow" factor, not named Cosmo or Bellagio

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by CrapsCraps, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrapsCraps

CrapsCraps Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi guys, I am still planning our trip (7 guys).

We already have a cheap homebase for the whole trip (2 weeks) in the Flamingo where most of us will sleep no matter what. Last 2 days of the trip will be at the Bellagio with fountain view. And one night at the beginning will be in a Cosmopolitan Terrace Suite.

I am still looking for one more night in a different place somewhere in between that gives us another "wow" moment.

We are going in May, so it will be pretty hot... that´s why I would 99% prefer some place with a balcony or terrace, that is not named Cosmo, Bellagio or Flamingo.

So do you guys have any idea for something with balcony that offers a different "wow" factor? Could possibly even be downtown... Just asking for some ideas.
    Budget is ~ $500.

Thanks !

edit: Just to clarify: One king bed is enough. 1 or 2 guys sleeping there and others go back to Flamingo :)

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM Grand Terrace suite with the outdoor patio. Its really the only other Strip property I can think of that has both a wow factor and a balcony. Actually, it has the best balcony of all of them, IMO, because you can put a large number on it and really have a party. Not sure if you can get it in your budget, though. Maybe one night mid week if there are no events or conventions going on.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. CrapsCraps

CrapsCraps Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I was already strongly considering this after watching some Youtube videos. Unfortunately it is booked every day during our stay.

4. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then you may be out of luck, at least as far as the Strip goes (I have no idea what is downtown). There are other places with balconies, but not the wow factor

The plans have changed
  5. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Room wont be "wow" factor but balcony at MGM signature with a room facing Wet Repulic might be what you are looking for.
    Presidential Suite at the Golden Nugget downtown has a balcony that overlooks Fremont

6. MikeE

MikeE The Shah's Slightly Hairy Cousin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're just holding them off for players at the moment. I'd keep checking as the date gets closer. They usually open up to general reservations a couple weeks in advance, especially for a weeknight stay.

7. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

If you want a wow night and get each guy to throw in an extra $100 bucks above your $500 budget you could get a Lanai at the Mirage. You won't have a balcony but will have your own pool and backyard.

8. CrapsCraps

CrapsCraps Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More than double our budget. But in general a good idea :)

Are you sure? You can book the MGM terrace for october without problems. But maybe it´s different for summertime... I sent them an email and asked if it is really really sold.

Very nice idea. Unfortunately they start at $1500 a night and thus making it more than triple the budget :)

On a totally different note: Man is booking through Mlife a hassle :( Tried to book a bellagio room and it keeps shooting error messages ("malformedDTO..."). And when I go directly to bellagio.com and login to mlife from there it keeps saying during the payment process that I have to login... Keeps happening on different devices..... A little frustrating :)

9. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the budget is just gonna kill you with this request. Different idea: instead of a night in a room iwht a wow factor, spend a lot less and all of you go hang out at Foundation Room for a night. Unbelievable view and a lot of fun

The plans have changed
  10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind for those ONE night stays... you might not get room until late afternoon, and have to be out by noon.

11. CrapsCraps

CrapsCraps Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Foundation Room is a restaurant-type thing right?

Actually I didn´t even have Mandalay Bay on the map, but looking at some of their high floor rooms I am pretty impressed. Very nice view of the strip from a different angle... Have to think about that.
    Does anyone know if their club "The Light" is decent enough on wednesdays in the summer? Maybe pool during the day, then Suite in the evening and club at night sounds like a plan :)

12. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its a restaurant and lounge with a great outdoor view down the Strip. There are suites with great views as well, but no balconies. I like the MB suites, but other than the view and the ridiculous tubs, there isn't really a wow factor

The plans have changed
  13. momo325

momo325 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i know its not on the strip but have u considered Palms? they have incredible views of the entire strip.

14. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Skyfall lounge has an amazing view too from MB. It has an outdoor patio as well where you can take in the strip.

15. CrapsCraps

CrapsCraps Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did suggest Mandalay Bay, unfortunately they didn´t like it as much as I (and you guys) do.

I am still looking into Palms, definitely interesting.

Right now my favorite is something totally different - sorry for that hehe. I like some rooms/suites at NYNY. Not for the view, but their 4 person whirlpools sound like a nice change of pace and offer a totally different element to our trip.
    Anyone know if their penthouse still has balconies? I saw them in a youtube videos from a couple years ago, but they don´t appear on any floorplan or newer photo that I saw.

16. CrapsCraps

CrapsCraps Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully I can convince them to check out one of these lounges or alternatively the Top of the World restaurant at Stratosphere .

17. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A host gave me a tour of their suites a couple years ago and I do not recall any balconies. Their biggest suite on top of one of the towers was kinda cool. It was an art deco design and very large

The plans have changed
  18. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tropicana poolside bungalow suite has a large private terrace poolside with it's own hot tub. Be sure to ask for the suite if you go that route as they also have regular hotel rooms poolside that have a small balcony.

19. jamie1983

jamie1983 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 bedroom signature, high floor facing the strip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.