1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Powerball ticker as a supplemental tip?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Blatz, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blatz

Blatz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Morning everyone!

Usually I take a stack of $2 bills for tipping during my Las Vegas trips. This morning I picked up a Powerball ticket, and bought one for the gas station clerk as well and I was thinking that if the Powerball didn’t hit tonight that I would grab 50 tickets and take them with me tomorrow morning to tip out (along with cash) to my favorite bartenders, dealers and cocktail waitresses, as well as housekeeping, front desk, etc. I like to try and keep things creative with the tips when I can.

Since they don’t sell tickets in Nevada, do you think this is something that would be appreciated? I know that tickets have to be cashed in the state they were received, but I believe that you can claim your prize via mail. I know I wouldn’t mind making a road trip for a billion. Just wanted to get y’alls thoughts. Thanks!

2. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they would much, much, much rather have the real two bucks.

3. Blatz

Blatz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ticket was meant to be supplemental. So in other words, I'd include it with the $2 bill.

4. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This brings up another question: what is the tipping etiquette if you hit the Powerball? Do you slip $10k to the person who hands you the oversized check?

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HELL NO. The vendor gets a percentage of the win (usually 1%) and I would expect them to "maybe" throw the employee a little, but wouldn't count on it.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I DO think it'd be very appreciated... living here in Nevada, I can tell you folks are "nuts" for those tickets. The line out at Primm was over 4 hours long to buy one last week!

7. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I've done it in previous years.....then I stopped.
    Why ?
    Honestly....I wouldn't be able to live with myself for handing off
    a BILLION DOLLAR WINNING TICKET !!!!
    I just couldn't..........the depression would be devastating !

8. 6Mermaids

6Mermaids Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is what I am thinking...what if you gave the winner to someone? OMG gives me anxiety just thinking about it!

9. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here in Michigan the store that sells a winning ticket gets a maximum of $50,000 for selling a winning ticket. Doesn't matter if its $1 mil or $1.5 Billion. The same amount of money either way and it goes to the stores owner.

10. Blatz

Blatz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I'm gonna go head and pick some up, they'll be fun to pass out. If the winning powerball ticket ends up being a Texas ticket in Las Vegas that was given as a tip, I'll just calmly walk to my room, gently close the door, and recreate this video.

[video=youtube;YersIyzsOpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc[/video]

11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, I guess there are plenty of good reasons to give them out. But for me, I hate those m-effers who walk around saying SMILE to other people.

One thing that totally galls me is a person like my brother, who hands out those generic Christmas cards (You know, the ones you get in the mail from charitable organizations trying to shame you into a handout), with a scratch off inside and then say "Hey, that could be worth $50,000!" What a thoughtless, empty gesture. Eff you, just give me the dollar you spent on it.

That's just me, I guess, I don't like empty gestures.

12. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 winners...your problem is solved

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.