1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ultra Low Roller 2nd Annual 22nd Birthday Bash (1/13 - 1/19)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by sergi0wned, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sergi0wned

sergi0wned Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

The day has finally come. It's time to kick off Sergio's 2nd annual birthday bash! Yesterday was the reason for the season (my actual birthday), but today is the big day: departure.

I'll be flying Frontier out of DIA at 4pm and touching down in Vegas just before 5pm.

This trip is effectively two trips for the price of one.

First I'm meeting two of my best friends - Mac and Alicia - at the Flamingo to celebrate my birthday college-student on the strip style. Read: lots of booze, clubbing, amateur gambling, hopefully some crazy stories, and all around drunken debauchery. We're planning to see LOVE, but other than that there are no set plans.

After the HL pull at the Cosmo with fellow VMBers on Saturday (who I can't wait to meet! Hopefully the brains behind it, Wanker, will be feeling better!) I'll head downtown to begin my second leg. I'm meeting my grandpa (featured in my TI TR) and uncle for some good old fashioned low rolling. I'll be staying in the Golden Gate, where I miraculously got two nights comped.

My grandpa and uncle are big VP players and football bettors, and I'm quite fond of BJ as well, so it'll be a gambling focused trip. I'm planning to earn enough points through VP at Binion's for the two daily spins at the kiosk, play some FreeBet BJ at the Golden Gate (in the hopes of continuing to generate offers), finally check out the beer at MSS, make my first wager in the sports book, and of course no trip is complete without a roll of quarters at Sigma Derby!

I just took a lyft to a hotel, where a shuttle will pick me up to take me from Colorado Springs to DIA!

I can't believe the day is finally here! I'll do my best to update throughout my travels.

2. sergi0wned

sergi0wned Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My lone bag is packed! Being the cheapskate I am, I refuse to pay Frontier for a checked bag, so I managed to load this grocery bag up with enough clothes for 6 days, my computer, an extra pair of shoes, and a couple other miscellaneous items. Take that Frontier! (My inevitable "randomly assigned" middle seat won't be so awful with my free personal item encroaching on my 2" of "legroom.")

[​IMG]

3. sergi0wned

sergi0wned Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the shuttle to DIA! There was an issue with my payment because I mistakenly used my home zip rather than my school zip when booking it last night. It's all sorted out now, and we're rolling towards DIA!

[​IMG]

4. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck...hopefully I will be at 100% by then!

5. shawnj1

shawnj1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buc-ee's bag! love it.

6. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is your second 22nd birthday? I need to get on that plan!

7. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! I'm about 24 hours from arrival in Vegas myself. Hope you have an epic trip and Happy Birthday.

8. sergi0wned

sergi0wned Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At DIA with 1.5 hours to take off. Starting off the day with something healthy...

[​IMG]

9. sergi0wned

sergi0wned Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the flight, everything's running on time! Good thing I thought ahead and brought a Coke...

[​IMG]

10. Raptor

Raptor High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck and enjoy, I'll be following along.

11. Bondy3

Bondy3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    best of luck!!

12. sergi0wned

sergi0wned Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Landed just as the sun set! It was a beautiful flight over the mountains and my first during daylight. I had some nice conversation with the two ladies next to me who are staying at Paris.

On the way to the Flamingo now! Gonna shower, freshen up, and the maybe head to the Golden Gate to redeem my $25 free bet. I got a mailer for 4 over the next two months, and the ranges are January 1-15 and 16-30, so I lucked out getting two of them with one trip!

Hoping to meet up with a friend I made on the flight to my first solo trip. We'll see how his work schedule goes, but we're in touch and trying to figure something out.

Waiting on the Deuce to get me to the hotel. Hoping I can get a complimentary upgrade at check in - gotta show the Vegas virgins a good time!

[​IMG]

13. sergi0wned

sergi0wned Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Made it to the Flamingo! Unfortunately I wasn't able to get an upgrade on my room, so I have a pool view. Not too impressive (overlooking concrete roofing), but then again my friends won't know any better.

14. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun! We are down the street at Cosmo - hoping to make it to the meetup Saturday :)

15. sergi0wned

sergi0wned Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! I'm just hanging out solo tonight until my friends come in tomorrow. Send me a message if you want to meet up, otherwise see you Saturday!

16. sergi0wned

sergi0wned Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quick snack at the flamingo. Not bad for $5.

[​IMG]

17. sergi0wned

sergi0wned Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Donked off $25 after pocketing a quick $5 from bubble craps. On the Deuce to use my $25 free chip at the GG... Wish me luck!

18. sergi0wned

sergi0wned Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No luck on the $25 free chip. Had a gut feeling it would be red, didn't bet, it was red; placed it on even and out comes 15. Oh well, nothing lost and I got a $15 food voucher. I also had a great conversation with the lady at the 1906 Club desk... She complimented my necklace, so I took it off and showed her. We talked a while and when I left she shook my hand!

Luckily I did have some early success on Tinder, which makes up for the $35 that I'm down. On the bus back to the Flamingo where I'm meeting a girl.

19. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck with the meetup!

20. sergi0wned

sergi0wned Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! The meetup went well. She had a bit of difficulty finding the parking garage, but that was the only problem. It was fun to get to know her, and we both had a great time. A great start to the trip!

It's probably a good thing it kept me occupied with something other than gambling the way tonight was going as well; I brought $100 for the night and ended with $76.50, but I admittedly didn't wager half of it. Not bad for the amusement I got out of it; I played some Spin Poker and Deuces Wild at Binion's for a while in order to earn a spin which netted me a comped draft Miller Lite. I'll probably parlay this money into another day's budget, bank it for the next trip, or use it for the HL pull on Saturday, depending on how the trip goes.

Depending on when I wake up tomorrow, I may use my 24 hour bus pass to head back to Fremont in the afternoon. I feel like I need to scratch my table game itch downtown so I can play good rules at $5 rather than 6:5 at $10... Mac is getting in around 5 and we're getting dinner, so it'll come down to when I wake up.

I'm gonna pass out (sober!), see y'all tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.