1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Re: Flamingo Check In Kiosk or counter?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by 1LuckyMomma, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checking in on my birthday and hoping for an upgrade. We've already reserved a strip view comp room. Does the kiosk show you location of rooms before you're locked into one? Should I just approach the counter and try the $20 tip?

Should I check in early in the afternoon or wait until later? Last time we checked in late at night we were upgraded to a huge suite because they were out of regular rooms. We had to move to a regular room the next day. :cry:

2. himmelsin9

himmelsin9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am curious to this question as well!

3. jercheer22

jercheer22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to the desk if you want to try for an upgrade. The kiosk only will offer the room type you booked.

4. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Frozen Tundra. Desert dream died with him.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can vary on what's going on when you arrive in town but absolutely counter to get upgrade. I thought no way would I get an upgrade from my comp room on of all days NYE check in and low and behold my little old $20 got me from a fab to a Go on VIP floor. Yes, on New Years Eve. To add, I am Diamond but a low Diamond. Also try earlier before rooms are taken. Might have to wait a bit to get in but imo better to do early. Good Luck. Have Fun.

Here's a copy paste of my check in story and how it went down I had on another LV forum if you care to read... I asked my 'marketing executive' (lol love that title) for a go room when booking and could only get a fab being NYE and my level. I called to confirm 2 weeks prior to arrival just to see and tried again for a go, but no go on the go again. Lol. When arrived had nice desk clerk. Our room was not ready (11am). She asked for a number to call us when it's ready. I asked if it's a fab room and she said yes. I then just politely stated to please make it nice as can adding the truth that it is our anniversary and hubby bd.... I understand NYE and all but would so appreciate and be great if we could get in earlier than later as gave her a 20 and said appreciate whatever you can do if anything. Well low and behold, all the suuded she says... hold on Mrs D... tap tap on keyboard, a call somewhere asking if so and so room ready or how about this one ready yet and boom how about that, a go room on vip floor opened up lol. Yep vegas likes the grease. Even if a 20. And so worth it my world. I had figured I was stuck in a fab, I was just more so at that point hoping for ASAP check in. I am so sure my tip did it as was told twice before no to a go.

5. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like we'll plan to check in early and try for a GO room upgrade. The location is definitely hard to beat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.