1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golf Clubs on Allegiant

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by pingman, Jan 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pingman

pingman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at flying in on Allegiant and was wondering if anyone has checked golf clubs as a piece of baggage? Is it an extra charge on top of the baggage fee, or only an extra charge if the bag is more than the 80 linear inches or 40 pounds?? Thanks in advance for any help?

2. Clarkson7

Clarkson7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago I took Allegiant to Vegas and several passengers took golf clubs. I don't know about the fees/charges. I do remember the plane left later than scheduled because the considerable weight of the golf clubs had to be properly distributed before the plane could depart.

3. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has been about 2 years since I used Allegiant and golf bag. They do enforce the 40 pound limit, however, it was considered part of normal checked baggage (no extra fees). I think it is still explained on their website. I use a carry bag and pack balls (about 15), shoes and a few extras in the bag. Also used a hard and heavy bag cover. When I flew, there were only about 3 bags on the carousel after arriving, so no shifting for bag weights needed.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My ensemble always come in in the 35-38 pound range. My travel stand bag is close to 5 lbs., full complement of sticks, two pairs of shoes, however many balls, a few extras like Doon -- toiletries, outerwear if needed, in my case. Travel cover is a ClubGlove BurstProof II.

5. pingman

pingman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help guys, I have traveled with golf clubs many times and for many years, just have never used Allegiant with clubs before. Looking at the website is where I am confused. There is a section that talks about sports equipment and extra fees and I am just wondering if the baggage fee will cover it.. I plan on it weighing less than 40 pounds, but I am not sure about the 80 linear inches. That is my main concern..

6. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally I would say email them or call, but this is Allegiant - that would mean a looonnngggg wait. Even though it has been two years since I travelled with clubs on Allegiant, I have probably 8 trips with clubs on their airline - with no problems other than a broken handle (which I had replaced by the golf club bag cover company). I also run about 38 pounds, however, on the way home it tends to be lighter (less balls - LOL!)

From the Allegiant website:

Each piece of sporting equipment will be considered a checked bag with all applicable fees applied per person, per bag, per segment. All Baggage Fees are non-refundable. Applicable fees will be applied for those bags exceeding the 40 lbs. weight limit and eighty inches size limits. The total number of bags allowed may not exceed 5 per passenger. No baggage more than 100 lbs. will be accepted.

When in a container acceptable to Carrier, the following sporting equipment will be accepted for transport:

2. Golf bag (in a hard-sided golf bag carrying case provided by the passenger), including clubs, balls, and shoes;

This was under Baggage link on website.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.