1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Host Comps, Winter Mlife Comps Back-to-Back

Discussion in 'Comps' started by StuartUK, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys,
    Just been reading some info on here about Comps and the 72hr rule for MLIFE Comps, etc etc..... Hoping someone can shed a little light on this:

The winter Mlife offer I have, I guess is the same as most peeps (I am Pearl status), which is 3 nights Suite in MC down to Excal, and 3 nights MGM to Mirage, with 2 Nights in Bellagio & Aria ($50 resort credit in any hotel).....
    We goto Vegas end of May, I used a 'Fall' offer which let me book 3 nights in the Mirage (1st hotel) end of May and booked that about 4 weeks ago...... As were coming from the UK, we will be in Vegas for 14 nights :)

A host at the MC has offered me 3 nights comp anytime in that 14 night window...
    The Winter Mlife offer as above, is giving me the 3 nights in most hotels, etc....

So am wondering:
    A: Any ideas if I use that winter offer to book say 'Excalibur 3 nights suite' for the last 3 nights of our trip, could I use that same comp offer and book say 3 nights MGM ? (ensuring there is a 72hr gap from checkout MGM to check-in at Excalibur)
    B: myVegas room offer, do you have to leave 72hours in between an Mlife comp offer and a myVegas room comp reward in the same/different hotel ???
    C: If a Host offers you a room comp for say 3 nights, could I use 3 nights and then book say; the winter Mlife offer back-to-back for same/different hotel ?? (ie: 6 nights in the Monte C....)

Show me the money Jerry, show me the money!!!
  2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know anything about MyVegas and whether rooms booked that way are considered promotional offers. I want to say they should not be, because they are not based on gaming activity. But I don't know.

Are you sure you used a Fall offer to book the end of May? All of my Fall offers expire on 1/31.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, the terms and conditions of the seasonal corporate offers say that using them more than once is contingent upon play.

I think you're a little stuck filling up all 14 nights because of the 72 hour rule. You didn't say how many MyVegas nights you have, but if it's less than 3 it won't help with the 72 hour rule. I'm going to assume it's 1 night.

A Spring Offer should be out before your trip. I'm still a little unsure about how you booked the Fall offer for May, but let's go with it.

You might be able to do this to get to 14:

A. Fall Offer (3) - Host nights (3) - Winter Offer (3) - MyVegas (1) - Pay (2) - Spring Offer (1)

or:

B. Fall Offer (3) - Host nights (3) - Winter Offer (3) - MyVegas (1) - Pay (1) - Host nights (3) - this second round of host nights would be contingent on your play in the first 3 Host nights and whether he thinks you'll have any money left.

I think the way to play it would be:

• Book a paid reservation with whatever Tier Discount you can get for the last 4 nights. A Tier Discount is not an offer. You may be able to find an even better rate using a publicly available offer code.
    • If you get a Spring Offer in time, you cancel the paid reservation, book the Spring Offer for the last night, and rebook a paid reservation for nights 12 and 13.
    • After night 6, you go to your host and ask if he'll comp nights 12 and 13.

A host can book you on an offer and extend the number of comped nights, but I think the offer will be considered to be effective at the start of your stay, so you'll be butting up against the Fall Offer nights. You don't really need to do that - just book the Winter Offer at MC for nights 7 - 9, you don't need to tell him, and I would not try to combine the reservations when you check in, keep them totally separate. Check out from the host offer and check back in under the Winter Offer.

Adding: I suppose you could even conceivably go the host after night 6 and ask if he'll comp nights 10 -12. That way you could be at MC for 9 straight nights.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  3. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say C) is not OK.
    Host offer is an offer, and the 72h rule applies. Yes, host can offer you more than 3 nights per stay. But two offers must separate 72 hours.
    Rules can be bent for high rollers, but in such case , you probably already a Noir.

4. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers for the reply guys :)
    I am not a High Roller, but as we only do Vegas once a year, I play daily, few slots, mainly tables.... According to my Mlife tax status, it shows heavy losses, like $4k lost at tables in 10 days between Mirage, Lux and MC.... win some, lose some :) :(
    I was like 300 points short of becoming gold on our last day last year for Mlife...

Understood with the 72hr rule for Host Offers and Mlife Comp offers... Am guessing although the myVegas game is not quite a comp, its still a kinda comp, so in theory, that will stop me doing back to back bookings with that (we each get 4 rewards from myVegas)... Although I can do a Comp in my name, and then combine a myVegas room offer in the wifes name to extend our stay, etc.....

As said, was looking for info on the 72hr rule, so the above helps :)
    I cant recall the offer name on my Mlife account in early December, but I had a choice of 3 nights Mirage upto End of May, or 3 nights Suite in Monte upto end of May.....
    Currently have 3 nights booked with the above + 3 nights Host comp. And got the Winter Offers on my Mlife account (mlife offer on the wifes not as good as she don't gamble silly like I do)
    Don't mind paying for rooms inbetween comp offers, but like anyone would do, I just try to find the best option to stay in Vegas the cheapest, allowing me to play more at the tables...
    My mission is to become Gold Mlife before we come home.... in 2014, I was 125 points short of becoming pearl when we checked out, couldn't think of what to do in the spare 10 minutes I had to get the points, so when we went back in 2015, my points had reset.... Made Pearl after 7 days, and yes, I spent a lot.....
    Am not chasing status, just like the sound of a gold card! :D :D

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think a host giving you just comped nights in and of itself consists a promotional offer unless you ask him to attach an offer code so you get the freebies associated with it during those nights.

That's why I think he can sandwich the host nights in between the two offers. I could be wrong; I don't remember seeing anybody say they've tried it.

There's a whole separate MyVegas topic you should take a look at, probably the question of how it counts with the 72 hour rule must have been dealt with repeatedly.

6. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host included this with the offer: "3 nights complimentary as long as your Monte Carlo reservation doesn’t conflict with another MGM offer or reservation"
    Guess it could mean the 72hr Mlife offer..
    Either way, u both been helpful ! :)

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah the beauty of ambiguity. "Conflict" could mean the 72 hour rule, which means no go, or it could mean "overlap" in which case, you should be OK. I suppose you might as well ask him straight up, because it's going to affect when/how you can use those nights.

My guess is that he wouldn't really be expecting you to book overlapping nights, so it could mean 72 hour rule. But clarifying it can mean the diff between having only 3 nights at MC or 6 (or 5 or 4, he might be willing to extend extra comp nights on an offer, but maybe not all 3 as extras).

8. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 more thing, as unclear whether it was answered...
    the MLIFE Winter offer, I got 3 nights comp in a suite from MC down to Excal...
    If I forget my Host offer and took the 3 nights comp in a suite at the MC through Mlife, could I use the same offer to book 3 nights in the Lux 7 days later ???

Just booked a comp, so safe to say the offer is valid once only....

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's the corporate Winter Offer (the one where, when you click on it, it opens up a page with small icons for each hotel and as you click on each hotel it shows what you get at that property), then:
    • Once you book a reservation using it, it should drop out of your offers list.
    • I just looked and the terms of my Winter Offer say it can only be used once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.