1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn/Encore views

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by luckydude, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are the panoramic views on the higher floors at Wynn and Encore worth the extra money. I just booked a panoramic view at Encore and it is $125 more than the same room on the lower floors and I am wondering it it is worth the extra money. I put in a request for a quite room with a strip view trying to avoid the noise of the Beach Club. Are there better choices?

2. MikeE

MikeE The Shah's Slightly Hairy Cousin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cost for a view is subjective. I never pay extra for a good view, but then again, I go more than most folks and am probably a little jaded.

At Encore, the very best views will unfortunately be accompanied by nightclub noise. Even numbered rooms, the lower the better (like xx30 or less), are solid but they're also right over Surrender/Beach Club. The issue with your request is that a quiet room will face the other way and still technically be a strip view, albeit facing the crappy end of the strip with the unfinished Fontainebleau dominating. My suggestion: request a south-facing view and a pair of ear plugs (yes, they provide those).

3. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I personally would not pay $125 just for a better view, not even $25.
    If I only care about the view, then I would go somewhere else for vacation, not Vegas.

4. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guests at Encore can use both the Encore and Wynn pool but guests staying at Wynn can only use the Wynn pool correct? So if the north facing rooms have a poor view and the south facing rooms have to put up with loud music until the wee hours in the morning why stay at Encore over Wynn?

5. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, not sure I would foot the bill at Encore unless you really like the room layout and size. Wynn has the best views, the panoramic rooms are worth the bump IMHO, though $125 seems steep unless this is over a weekend.

6. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at Wynn twice for work conferences. Both times we had south facing view rooms without asking or paying extra. We had great views of the Strip and the mountains. I'm not familiar with the panoramic rooms but from the Wynn location I can't imagine how much more you're going to see much more than we did. 251.jpg

7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't get much of a stripview at Wynncore; I like the view looking out over pools and golf course.

8. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breanna, we prefer golf course view also but Encore's Tower Suites do have a straight up the strip view. Also if one happens to be in a Salon, then it's strip view at both Wynn and Encore anyway.
    No choice. But Encore's is good.

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the view worth to you?

It seems $175.

So yes it was worth it to you.

10. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Room view north from encore last week level 34[​IMG]

11. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When the gambling goes south, usually around dinner time lol, we grab a bottle of wine, move some furniture, and sit with our feet up looking out over the golf course. No afternoon sun coming in - nice little break.

12. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also like the golf course view from Wynn, very relaxing. A few years ago I stayed at Encore, I think it was a year or so after it opened and the economy was down, so they had a lot of empty rooms. I got a great southern view. I would come back to the room after playing late night poker and have a final drink before bed. Good times!

14. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So golf course views at Wynn are fairly quiet then? Where are rooms that are subject to club noises?

15. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the same view we had a few years ago. But we were on the 59th floor and had a corner panoramic room. But all I had done was ask for a complimentary upgrade and they did it. One thing I've learned from people on this forum, is always ask for a complimentary upgrade. Sometimes it happens. If it don't, they will give you a decent upgrade rate.

16. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never noticed any nightclub noise at Wynn in my 8-9 stays. Encore is a different story. The south-facing rooms can get the bass from the club into the wee hours.

The golf course views at Wynn are my favorite. But I've never noticed any noise difference between the golf course view rooms and strip view rooms.

17. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The time the panorama Strip view room is worth it is during an extended thunderstorm. That happened to us a few years ago. Awesome lightshow. We left the curtains open all night just to enjoy Nature's display of power.

Otherwise, stick to a golf course view.

18. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So for Encore - what is considered a panorama view - is it determined by floor (what is the cutoff?), or which way the tower faces?

19. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It used to be just the top few floors. Now I believe it's the top half of the floors.

20. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.